306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Need moar boost!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a welded td04 and 11mm pump

It has a ground lda and is clean on boost.

I need more boost it's only boosting 20psi I've tried upping the fuel but the revs hang

Played about with the lda no difference

Any ideas what to do need more fuel but hanging revs are stopping me
Only 20psi? With a welded gate and 11mm and the revs are hanging?

Doesn't sound right to me. An 11mm turned up that high should make a welded TD04 make an insane amount of boostz
Your on an 11mm pump and your max fuel is at the point where the revs hang but your only getting 20psi? Clean on boost rules out boost leak i suppose. Welded gate rules out wastegate creep. Turbos f*cked. What does the compressor wheel look like? Filtered or no?
De filtered, turbo seems fine no nasty noises or play

Dont understand, my last td04 I had on a 9mm off a 30psi boost gauge easily

Just thought someone might know what I'm missing
(01-10-2013, 09:14 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Your on an 11mm pump and your max fuel is at the point where the revs hang but your only getting 20psi? Clean on boost rules out boost leak i suppose. Welded gate rules out wastegate creep. Turbos f*cked. What does the compressor wheel look like? Filtered or no?

Regardless of whether or not the turbo's f*cked, it's clean on boost apparently. So a f*cked turbo wouldn't make the kind of air to clean up an 11mm that's that wound up.

Does not compute.

What kind of TD04 is it?
f*cked turbo would make it coal Tom.

Something's up with that pump then/fuel starvation. A 9mm could easily give coal with a TD04 at 20 pounds.
If there's no blocked fuel filters are you sure it's an 11mm? Because they can give a serious amount of fuel and you shouldn't even be close to limiting it.
Td04 13l apparently, don't understand it, coals when reving on idle but even at night absolutely raping it there is hardly any coal if any in the headlight beam of the car behind me

I thought it needs more fuel so tried upping it but started hanging

It was bought off Dave on here he built it himself so I haven't questioned it but even a 9mm will put out more boost and coal than I'm getting ATM

Had a new in tank strainer and fuel filter when I got it on the road for fcs been sat in garage since then just got it back on the road today
Im stumped lol
Are you getting full throttle? (is the arm moving all the way round) when I had my old d turbo that's what caused me to be down on boost/fuel and I had near enough maxed my pump out to
So am I hence the cry for help lol

Yea I've adjusted the throttle stop screw
Guess something in the pump then.
I no you say you have adjusted the screw but have you actually put your foot Flat to floor on pedal and made sure it moves all the way round?
Have you actually sealed it properly last time I'd seen it it was leaking exhaust gases everywhere
as chris is asking...

my 11mm on the 2.1 is still not quite right as I need to make more adjustments to the arm position...but I wasnt get 100% throttle initially.

get some one to sit inside the car or jam a brick on the pedal inside then see if theres more travel available.

also, I assume the idle screw is out, allowing the arm to sit against the pump housing?
if that is the case, consider moving the arm round one notch, it could be that its one notch or more out.

PS is your lda actually dropping? (and in the right way!?)...remove the spring and go for a drive, see if that helps.
Yea I've sealed the plates back up pal

Yea idle screw is all way out guessing I need to knock the arm back?

Lda is in the right way ill check the pin is free in the pump
If it's off Dave than I'm sure it's legit. My brothers running a pump off him.
I reckon you just need to do some fiddling with throttle/LDA.
I've got no worries about questioning the pump, just thought someone a little more knowledgeable may know what I've missed going to have a play see what I can do
Broken boost gauge?
Don't think it's the gauge
Maybe something with the boost compensator? Is the LDA fitted with the steep curve toward drivers side? Blocked compensator pipe?
Thanks for all the help

Checked the throttle with the brick and there was between 1.5-2" of throttle left to go had to mess about with the splines on the arm and the cable max fuel ect goes straight off a 30psi gauge now Smile

Thanks again
(02-10-2013, 03:07 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the help

Checked the throttle with the brick and there was between 1.5-2" of throttle left to go had to mess about with the splines on the arm and the cable max fuel ect goes straight off a 30psi gauge now Smile

Thanks again

I was right then Big Grin how long till it goes bang now Tongue
Not sure got 2 spares ready for when it does
(02-10-2013, 03:07 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the help

Thanks again

hahahaha booyaa . . . .glad it's sorted . .Smile
So am I wouldn't have been goin on rollers if not
Smile Smile
Was gona say - typical wrong spline on the throttle issue. But you've got it fixed now anyway :p