306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: question about compression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im just in the process of fitting my bosch pump, finally!

noticed i can turn the engine over with a rachet on the crankshaft pully fairly easily to be honest, i thought there should be alot of resistance when moving past tdc? was never that easy on motorbikes! and its a bigger engine.

this is the first car i have propperly tryed to modify so have no idea on how much compression it should have when turning the engine over, just dosnt seem alot
I can turn a xud9 over with a spanner tbh
thanks mate, just assumed it should have more compression lol. im trying to find the hole behind the starter to lock the flywheel, has anyone got a picture of what im looking for? struggeling to find it, can you get to it without removing the starter?

thanks
i had a nightmare finding this the first time.. on videos they make it look so easy lol
For the first time its easier to remove the starter just so you can see what you are doing. After this a 6mm allen key works fine if you come in behind the starter next to the oil filler neck
yeh removed the starter made it quite ovious where to put the locking bolt was.

on the stop solinoid do you put a ign wire to the brown or black wire coming off the solinoid?
You just want a switched live straight to the top of the stop solenoid