306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: boost levels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, after fitting the t25, im only boosting around 17-18psi, the k14 ran 20-22-24psi in 4th-5th, the t25 will ht about 19-20psi in 4th and 5th, all the bolts/studs are in and tight and I got a new inlet/exhaust gasket, is it normal for a bigger turbo to do this? I honestly cant remember? what im saying is, it now boosts less, dosent seem to be any leaks tbh.
Have you adjusted the fuel?
no, not touched the fuel at al, still running the same fuel as the k14 previously.
Does it smoke on boost?
Sure you haven't got any leaks in IC system
Running fmic?
I did a quick run down the bypass, and im not 100% sure if theres smoke or not on full boost, im running tmic, so not many places it can leak from, I will change the Dseal for piece of mind anyway.
how are you adjusting the boost??
its dewastegate, so its just controlled by fuel.
Turbo clocked at the right angle so you got a good seal on that pipe?
its a turbo dave rebuilt, I got it off silverzx which he ran, it all lines up fine mate.
I ran a FMIC on mine so not sure if its angled well for a TMIC but it looked pretty spot on to me from what I can remember..

I found 25-27 PSI was the sweet spot but as said, that was with a FMIC.

Have you tried playing with the fuel at all yet? No turbo will just "bolt on" and have excellent results from a tune setup for a different turbo. Especially with the size difference. More fuel me thinks!
that's what im asking trent, I don't reckon theres any leaks, cant feel or hear anyway even underload, reckon it does need more fuel tbh.
little more fuel and advance and see what happens Smile
You need more fuel.....
yeah, its getting more fuel, but just wanted to know if it was normal for the psi level to drop after fitting a bigger turbo, makes sense to really.
Think about it..... the bigger turbo is passing more air. It needs more fuel to boost higher.
yea that's the method I was thinking about, just wanted to clarify, its just when I put the td04 on my old one I couldn't remember if it boosted the same or not that's all.
In lamens terms it's now running lean as more air is being flowed. The lack of fuel to match means the engine isn't producing enough energy to spool the turbo. More fuel creates more energy spooling the turbo faster to produce even more air flow. To which eventually the turbo reaches its efficiency limits and then it becomes to rich and causes high exhaust gas temps.
thanks jenks.
I forgot Jenks ran one of these too!
turn turbo up more and increase fuel thats what i did and now boosting 26 psi lol fun and games