306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: HDI airbox in a XUD ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone got pictures or an exploded diagram of the std airbox cold feed etc as I'm thinking about what parts/work is required to fit this to my XUD.
The std XUD induction restricts flow and a cone filter causes the car to be asthmatic and affects drivability, so I'm thinking that fitting a HDI airbox will make it flow better but not make it asthmatic like a cone filter ????

Ideas/suggestions...
Service box
de filter

/thread
(22-09-2013, 07:57 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Service box

Is if free, if so where can I get it?
Iv also been planing this for a while, let us know how you get on
(22-09-2013, 08:22 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]de filter

/thread

Ha ha no thanks Danny. I have fitted a cone to my car and a) it sounds broken & shit and b) I've noticed it's very asthmatic in its performance whereas enclosed induction gave it more torque for the fuel delivery (not needing to keep pressing the right pedal). I'm on a stage 1 mild tune so probably very weak mixture now I'm on open filter

Just need to set up a good unrestricted enclosed induction
How does a cone filter make it feel asthmatic?
IMO I bet you couldn't really notice the difference to what filter you fit on an XUD with a stage 1/2.
(22-09-2013, 09:07 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: [ -> ]How does a cone filter make it feel asthmatic?
IMO I bet you couldn't really notice the difference to what filter you fit on an XUD with a stage 1/2.

This ↑↑↑
Apart from running defiltered you get a slightly quicker spool time and epic sounds
(22-09-2013, 09:07 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: [ -> ]How does a cone filter make it feel asthmatic?

I can feel a difference with the unrestricted air filter, I'll try and explain...
I know a certain hill very well, I usually hit it at 60 and do not add any more right pedal to get to the top: -
•std airbox doing 55 at the top
•cone filter doing 50 at the top

So fitting the cone filter makes it 5mph slower at the top of this hill but generally gives it a better throttle response and the car is smoother on to boost Smile. I'm on a mild tune and not upping the fuel to compensate for the extra air though the filter means the car is running weak, hence dying on hills. I can't be bothered to up the fuel on the Lucas so going to go back to enclosed enclose filter plus it sounds broken Smile
Another vote for defiltered. I've left my standard system in place so I can replace the rubber section connecting the plastic pipework to the turbo in winter/wet weather. Wink
it wont work. the bottom end will explode within 5miles !!!!
(23-09-2013, 11:58 AM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]it wont work. the bottom end will explode within 5miles !!!!

What de-filtered? I may think about what we discussed about the std airbox ninja
Just radge one in there. Can't be that hard!
(28-09-2013, 12:08 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]Just radge one in there. Can't be that hard!

I am trying to measure space etc to put the original plastic DT canister with filter in, minus all the bends etc so it's a straight path to the turbo.

Or getting a hdi airbox but not costing the earth, people want silly money for them + postage
(28-09-2013, 04:38 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-09-2013, 12:08 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]Just radge one in there. Can't be that hard!

I am trying to measure space etc to put the original plastic DT canister with filter in, minus all the bends etc so it's a straight path to the turbo.

Or getting a hdi airbox but not costing the earth, people want silly money for them + postage

I'm sure you could get one from a scrappy!? One in Weston usually has a fair share of 306/406s. Doubt they'd charge a fortune!
(28-09-2013, 11:44 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-09-2013, 04:38 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm sure you could get one from a scrappy!? One in Weston usually has a fair share of 306/406s. Doubt they'd charge a fortune!

Which scrappies Trent?
In Weston just off winter stoke road near mc Donald's, asda, wait rose etc there is two scrappies.

One you say what you want and they'll remove it and charge you X amount agreed before hand.

The others called Harrison bros, you look around then help yourself to whatever you want and then go haggle a price. It's the better one of the two IMO.