306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Label the lucas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having some trouble working out how the fook this thing works, as it's completely different to the unit on the 205 and to the one in the haynes for the 306. :S I wonder if you guys could help me work out what's what, what i do and don't need, etc.

Have labelled what i already know (i think lol), if you guys could fill in the gaps i'd really appreciate it.
[Image: DSC_0113labelled_zps406e673c.jpg]

And an unedited pic so you can point out the bits i've got completely wrong lol.
[Image: DSC_0113_zps9616b710.jpg]
Not sure on most of it but take that shock absorber off the throttle arm you'll find it's so much more responsive without it
Also max throttle travel screw
Apparently the pump has already been tuned and it's for the missus, so won't be having any mods i'm afraid. Sad Cheers though!

Also, does anyone know what wires go where on the two plugs, and what's the blue one for?
It's still worth taking that shock off the throttle they get stiff over time and make the throttle horrible and unresponsive
I have a feeling the one labelled fuel inlet. Is just a bleed screw to let air out.
But then im going from when I had my old dtub 2 years ago on a lucas

Just remembered thats a banjo fitting for the inlet too my bad
It's pretty easy really, replace the labels you've got already with the word "shit"
(22-09-2013, 10:19 AM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty easy really, replace the labels you've got already with the word "shit"

lol. Helpful much.
(22-09-2013, 10:35 AM)Face. Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-09-2013, 10:19 AM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty easy really, replace the labels you've got already with the word "shit"

lol. Helpful much.

True though! I should know, im still running my Lucas! POS. Puke
(22-09-2013, 10:35 AM)Face. Wrote: [ -> ]

lol. Helpful much.

I do my best Big Grin

Steve, still not got that sorted??
Not yet mate, unfortunately its not high enough up the priority list at the moment. Sad

Although saying that, im beginning to think this Bosch i have under my desk is gonna be no good at all, as its been empty since it arrived on my doorstep, and i have no idea how long it was empty for before it was sent to me, so i might just grow some balls, and strip the thing down regardless of whether or not i break anything, in a bid to learn something about these pumps. lol
Well, if you need a hand while I'm back south, give us a shout dude
Are you back here at the moment then?
Pretty certain the blue plug is for egr, so don't bother with that one Smile
(22-09-2013, 10:42 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Not yet mate, unfortunately its not high enough up the priority list at the moment. Sad

Although saying that, im beginning to think this Bosch i have under my desk is gonna be no good at all, as its been empty since it arrived on my doorstep, and i have no idea how long it was empty for before it was sent to me, so i might just grow some balls, and strip the thing down regardless of whether or not i break anything, in a bid to learn something about these pumps. lol

Never been in a pug with a Bosch.Both mine have Lucas pumps. Speechless
Same as that mate, which is why id like to get mine on the car, so many people tell me the difference is like night and day!
(22-09-2013, 11:23 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Same as that mate, which is why id like to get mine on the car, so many people tell me the difference is like night and day!

All comes down to money/ lack of know how unfortunately. Undecided
Worked it out for myself in the end, just worked out what i needed, swapped bits as necessary and removed everything else haha. Good job too, by the look of this, fat lot of help you lot are! Lol :p
We aim to please mate. Big Grin
Hey, right, I wasn't wrong...