306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 406 2.1 Bosch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just an idea I'm playing with....

Do 406 2.1s come with Bosch pumps as standard? And if not, is a 1.9 non-ECU pump a straight fit?

Heard of a cheap Executive with heated black leather and AC, loads of tax and test, and if I could tune it to 150bhp and run it on veg it could be a nice daily barge Smile
Some did, some didn't...

Most 406s came with the Delphi EPIC pump which is a sack of wank... Fails constantly, but is easy to stick on the 1.9 VE pump and tune away to your hearts content.
(20-09-2013, 08:31 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Some did, some didn't...

Most 406s came with the Delphi EPIC pump which is a sack of wank... Fails constantly, but is easy to stick on the 1.9 VE pump and tune away to your hearts content.

Sounds good mate, thanks. I'm guessing nothing needs doing with the ECU with a 1.9 pump? ECU only controls dynamic advance right?
Just sack the whole lot off. Long as you get a 1.9 Non ECU pump you're fine, don't bother with the Semi ECU ones, they're wank also.
(20-09-2013, 08:37 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Just sack the whole lot off. Long as you get a 1.9 Non ECU pump you're fine, don't bother with the Semi ECU ones, they're wank also.

Cheers mate. Think I'll go have a look, something comfy would be nice for a daily, then I could chuck the engine from my DT in a 205...
ALL THE CARS!!!
If you don't have it Liam let me know as I'm on the look out for one
(20-09-2013, 08:54 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]ALL THE CARS!!!

MUST OWN/BREAK ALL OF THEM!!!

(20-09-2013, 09:29 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have it Liam let me know as I'm on the look out for one

Will do pal Smile
check out my 2.1 build thread...that was a 406 with semi ecu, complete crap, pump...its now running rather well on a 11mm.
but ozones sedan ran a 9mm very well too
I reckon an 11mm would do nicely. I'm keeping an eye on your thread Piggy, I want to see what kind of power you can get because a 406 is fairly heavy...
(20-09-2013, 08:37 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Just sack the whole lot off. Long as you get a 1.9 Non ECU pump you're fine, don't bother with the Semi ECU ones, they're wank also.

I'd prefer a non ecu jobby myself, mean I'd have a far less complicated airbox setup and no more hot starting issues.... I've a 1.9 with a 11mm semi ECU pump btw

I've yet to see a 2.1 here with anything but a Lucas Undecided

Going for a 406 with a 2.1 and sticking in a bosch you'll need a pre 97 ECU for the tacho to remain happy, details about that in here somewhere....

They never had an intercooler either, source one for it Smile

They are very floppy in the corners and are heavy, it'll be no 306 in that sense!
It turned out to be a bit knackered Sad