306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Lucas panic stop lever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick question regarding Lucas pump stop/panic lever, does this lever cut fueling to the whole rev range or does it just effect idle/low speed fueling?

Thanks tim
Just cuts the fuel completley and will cut the engine out
unless its in runaway mode and eating its own engine oil!
In wich case block to air feed
....before we go off on a fun tangent about run aways...

to the OP, why is it being asked?!
No, they don't cut the fuel to the engine - when idling they simply adjust the injected quantity to a point where the engine the engine will stop.

Don't think this is a guaranteed engine kill. It's really not!
I ask as I want to lower my tick over but don't want it to cut the fueling higher up,

im after more throttle arm movement, was thinking if i get the car ticking over on throttle and not the idle system i will be able to get maximum travel?
Or just get a Bosch and stop trying to polish a turd?
iv got a bosch thanks, just wanted see what i can push out this pump before i fit it, im trying to learn about things so stop being a cock
Hardly being a cock christ lighten up lmao
(17-09-2013, 12:11 PM)therefused Wrote: [ -> ]I ask as I want to lower my tick over but don't want it to cut the fueling higher up,

im after more throttle arm movement, was thinking if i get the car ticking over on throttle and not the idle system i will be able to get maximum travel?

And leave yourself with no antistall - you then will require about 3000rpm just to lightly pull away from a junction...

Also, judging by the fact you're asking this, you're getting awfully confused between VE pumps and Lucas pumps, you should be able to wind any Lucas all the way in, your idle shouldn't be affected.
just get the bosch on. for lady gagas sake.
yeh i tryed what i was saying, didnt work! lol, ill just get my bosch on and stop f*cking about