306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bosch white smoke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fitted the 306 bosch pump to the 106 today having issues getting it running right it takes a while to start and when i do get it started it smokes white smoke quite bad

So what would cause the white smoke? it does drive ok slight diesel knock Just the clouds of white smoke out the back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwCID4xR6W8

Video of it running carnt really hear the knock on there dont no if its my imagination or there is a knock.

Help guys need to get this running before 12 dinner time tomorrow or gonna have to put the lucus back on Sad
the advance is fcuked up . . .loosen the bolts and have a play ..Smile
What Matt said, slide it about on the bracket.
Saves me asking cos mine been fitted but sounding a bit rough
Might be a tooth out.
It's a ball ache to do the advance/retarded cos have to take the pulley off every time Angry
Take the slam panel off?
(13-09-2013, 05:46 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Take the slam panel off?

Don't make any difference with slam panel off, it's not studs like on 306 its nuts and bolts and to get to head of bolts have to take the pulley off.

Gonna try again in morning put almost full advance on and then goo though the teeth again see if I can get it going.

Did a good quarter of a turn with the amount of times I had cambelt of doing it 1 tooth at a time almost exactly the same every time
Im pretty sure youll get a socket through the holes on the pulley?
(13-09-2013, 06:42 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]Im pretty sure youll get a socket through the holes on the pulley?

No there were you carnt get to them Sad makes life difficult but I suppose I'm the one making it difficult trying to fit a 306 Bosch to a 106.....
All sorted now I was well off on the timing BIG! Thanks to jenks for comeing and helping out, still needs some fine tuning but starts first turn and runs and drive with out to much smoke Smile updates will be coming later along with an epic fail Sad
Jenks to the rescue!