306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have a 306 D turbo with a garret gt15 turbo i think it is (99 model v reg)

before i started tweeking i put a boost gauge in and it was at 11-12 psi which was great ive now turned pump up (lucas) and have turned the turbo up and it was only reading at max 16 i checked for a leak and couldnt find any so some one suggested d seal so i took intercooler off cleaned it up and replaced the d seal. it pulls like a train and black smokes like mad and i love it but why isnt it reading 19. so i thought maybe the cat is holding it back so i bought a complete decat pipe and race tube for the middle (no centre box) so the exhaust had no restriction as i took the back box off ahaha still was the same 16 max. so i put the back box on cos it was toooo loud and i ave a little one and she wouldnt sleep if it was that loud.

ive even put a manual boost controll on to see if that does my thing and its still the same and now i am completely stumped what else could it be

maybe some one could shead a bit of light on this issue for me ??
Hmm firstly i'd get rid of the gt15, and go for a k14 or evan better a t2. Bit more tuneable. Easily run 24 + psi.

Then get a bosh, better for keeping them smoke levels down Wink
ahaha i love the smoke especiaslly for when people sit up my arse and i just give it a poke and it covers them in shit lol or even better when a scum bag walks past the back of my car and i can cover them lol but anyway i need to get it sorted before i do any thing to it as i eventually want to put a bigger turbo FMIC on bigger injectors clutch the lot just need to get it running 19-20 psi standered
I'm Not sure what that is.. Mines a gt15 and its running at 21 psi. Was easy to tune I watched my mate do it. But I'd definitely get a Bosch pump Lucas sucks.
just need some one to shead a bit of light then i can sort it Sad really annoying me
Yeh it would annoy me to? There's a guy on here called jimbo ask him he should have an idea.. Or frosty
any idea how i can get him to the thread ??
Il message him m8
thanks mate your a star Smile

any meets coming up soon btw ? have a few friends with 306's that are interested ?
turn the lucas down or tweek the turbo up a bit, might help ?
tryed it still nothing ?
sounds like you've got a boost leak elsewhere or your fueling isnt enough just adjusting the turbo alone wont generate more boost if you don't have the fuel

check all the pipes and jubilees are REALLY tight just because you're boosting fine might mean when it's on max boost the pressure is causing a leak.

check the big pipe on the side of the IC and make sure its tight as a nuns chuff and also check the pipe that comes off the bottom of the IC in the middle into the compensator

hope this helps..
How far have you wound the turbo. Never had a GT15 on a DTurbo but on the HDi the like to be wound a long way to make 20+psi

If your making black smoke you have enough fuel, its a lack of boost thats holding you back. If winding the turbo most of the way up doesn't work then Id go back to looking for that boost leak.
as physically possible so enough so i can still attach it to the waste gate arm i think it is
(13-09-2013, 11:24 AM)Dan306DT Wrote: [ -> ]as physically possible so enough so i can still attach it to the waste gate arm i think it is

boost leak then, check all your hose clips Smile
i have spent hours checking all pipes and my acuator pipe i have removed to see if any blockage cut it t piece (boost controll and gauge) and re connected and i physically can not find anything at all im proper confused :/ is any one local who is willing to take a look for me with me ??
Run engine spray something flammable around the head/base of the inlet manifold if the engine revs up your inlet manifold gasket is leaking. Might be able to tighten them up but go easy they are so fragile its unreal.
have you checked the pipe going down the back of the engine towards the turbo?

if you're having trouble you could remove the pipes and place them in water to see for bubbles
(13-09-2013, 11:49 AM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Run engine spray something flammable around the head/base of the inlet manifold if the engine revs up your inlet manifold gasket is leaking. Might be able to tighten them up but go easy they are so fragile its unreal.

so basically lift my bonnet turn over my car and spray lets easy easy start behind the intercooler and see if it revs higher??

as for turbo pipes im going to whip them off and see if i can see any holes when dipped in water see if that makes a differance
Yep as long as you know its not just going straight into the turbo! If it revs up then its getting in and you'll need to replace it.
tried that tom and no leaks on the manifold so thats that checked off for now
just got to take all my pipes of now and check them Sad
Hmmmm, hopefully you got a fat hole in one of them lol.
i hope not !!!!!!!! will be pretty m

i hope not !!!!!!!! will be pretty pissed if i have lol but at least the problem will be sorted

just in case i have has anyone else got any spare ones lol probably the one that goes down the bac of the engine onto the turbo as me and my friend had to do his as his had a dirty gash in it lol
You may have a boost leak, or maybe the pump needs turning up more as sometimes the boost will only go up to match the fuelling, i remember with mine it wouldn't go over 18 psi with the back box, got an exhaust and it flew straight over to 28 psi
(13-09-2013, 01:05 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: [ -> ]You may have a boost leak, or maybe the pump needs turning up more as sometimes the boost will only go up to match the fuelling, i remember with mine it wouldn't go over 18 psi with the back box, got an exhaust and it flew straight over to 28 psi

ive turned the pump up to the max it will go literally i can bounce on the allen key and it wont budge but i only turned it say 110 degrees ish was a 90 degree turn then maybe a little bit more but now it wont go anymore
(13-09-2013, 01:09 PM)Dan306DT Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-09-2013, 01:05 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: [ -> ]You may have a boost leak, or maybe the pump needs turning up more as sometimes the boost will only go up to match the fuelling, i remember with mine it wouldn't go over 18 psi with the back box, got an exhaust and it flew straight over to 28 psi

ive turned the pump up to the max it will go literally i can bounce on the allen key and it wont budge but i only turned it say 110 degrees ish was a 90 degree turn then maybe a little bit more but now it wont go anymore

in that case i'd say check the basics, where's your boost gauge connected into? get someone to rev the car and feel the boost pipe up the back of the engine for expansion and try to listen or feel air
Tryed doing tht I've even replaced the pipe to make sure and still the same and connected to the acuator at bottem of the intercooler
Could be wastegate creep
If you can. Pressurise the intercooler setup to check for leaks
How would I do that ?? It's all coming apart today so any tips would be awesome
He means with a compressor, block off the tubo inlet end and fill it up via the boost compensator hose. Or if you smoke, breathe down that pipe fill it all up with smoke and see where it comes out.
Pages: 1 2