306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New turbo..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just bought a IHI RHF5 for 99p.
What's people's opinions, even worth the effort fitting? It's off a 2.9 Diesel engine.
So that's what you needed the money for!
All 99p of it yeah haha
epic. just fit it and see. I would think it need the t2/k14 to spool it. But could be very good!
It's really not that big from what I can see from research
bang it on!!!!
Should be reet tbf, it's off a 2.9 DI - I've had a brief look for specs, from a guess it's gotta be around the 50mm mark on the compressor side...
From what you'v previously said, getting one off a diesel is a good start, which is understandable. These are seriously cheap so I don't really care if it blows.
What will the spool up times be roughly? I'm not expecting GT20 spec if I'm honest but can't be too far between a GT20 and TD04.
It'll definitely be in the region of those two, closer to the GT20 tbf, but won't have the air flow of the 20...

Whilst it's off and if you've got the chance, get an exhaust manifold pressure gauge on there - only takes a hole drilled and some heat resistant pipe up to a gauge, just make sure that's staying down, that has a tendancy to kill engines...

And make sure if you do, the lines are bolted up tight, exhaust mani pressure line blowing off in the cabin is always a lol...
Does that involve drilling into the housing around the bine or after?

So in all, worth fitting for 99p? Plus radging it up to fit, I don't pln spending much, weld to the mani ect!
Whilst randomly searching other turbos I spotted this, it doesn't really show much but thought I'd post it anyway as it might be of some use:

[Image: ihi_maps.gif]
I'll have to give it a compare to other turbos and see whats what. Thanks for that.
similar size to a k04 isnt it?
If imagine so. Probably more suited being for a diesel though.
So the eBay seller obviously didn't want to sell this turbo for 99p so has ignored me.
But I've won a GT20 instead. Winnar.