306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Changing stop solenoid on a Lucas pump?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My car is being an absolute nightmare to start at times and fires up perfectly the other.

I've heard from quite a few people that the stop solenoid on the Lucas pumps can be common for causing exactly what symptoms i'm getting (no starting even when the correct 4-digit code is entered on the immobiliser pad and the light is green). If this is so, are the stop solenoids easy to change at all or is there a certain procedure to follow??

Any help appreciated, cheers!
Just swap to a Bosch and bypass all the imobiliser crap Wink
Haha, that involves quite a bit of money tbh matey but i have considered it! Just need to fix it at the moment!
Bypass the immobiliser; see if that helps.

Start the car by putting the immobiliser number in
Lift the immob pad up
Unplug the immob
Keep the engine running throughout the whole procedure
Turn engine off.
Tada. Immob bypassed
I had the same prob as you mate, i tried the immobiliser bypass as said and it didn't do nothing, i got fed up and just bosched mine.
After all the messing of cutting the shielding off and replacing the solenoid, you may as well bosch it
mate!
(14-09-2013, 09:02 PM)Mike Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same prob as you mate, i tried the immobiliser bypass as said and it didn't do nothing, i got fed up and just bosched mine.
After all the messing of cutting the shielding off and replacing the solenoid, you may as well bosch it
mate!

The problem disappears then comes back, so i may have to monitor it! But i've wanted a bosch on it since i first bought it tbf