306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: bosch converison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm am going to be carrying out the conversion on my s reg 306, I am hopefully buying the stuff I need from a member on here, I have removed the old pump is it litterally just re fit the new one bleed the system and it will start?
i'd recommend changing the cambelt, water pump and tensioner/idler before fitting the new pump.

but yes, you'll need to change the injectors and fuel lines also ThumbsUp
You need to make sure the pump is sat on the correct dowels on the mounting bracket too. Depending on whether the pump comes with the "Bosch" bracket or not, if fitting to the "Lucas" form of the bracket you just take the mounting studs out and put them in the other holes.

But yeah, pretty simple engineering really. Remove pump, fit new pump lines and injectors, bleed fuel system, turn key. Then just fiddle with the fuelling following the plethora of guides on here til you hit the sweet spot.
(06-09-2013, 11:02 AM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]i'd recommend changing the cambelt, water pump and tensioner/idler before fitting the new pump.

This.

Just go about it as if you were changing the cambelt, I tried to leave the bottom pulley/cover on but let the belt go slack. Couldn't get the belt to tension correctly then. Took it all off and realised that it wasn't sitting in the teeth correctly. All fitted nicely and timed up correct first time.

Good Luck Smile
(06-09-2013, 11:02 AM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]i'd recommend changing the cambelt, water pump and tensioner/idler before fitting the new pump.

but yes, you'll need to change the injectors and fuel lines also ThumbsUp

do at same time...not before. Its not best to retension a belt

plus effort twice over
Pretty sure he must have meant at the same time lol. But I think doing all that plus the Bosch conversion in one go is a bit harsh.
(07-09-2013, 06:54 AM)306Puggy Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure he must have meant at the same time lol. But I think doing all that plus the Bosch conversion in one go is a bit harsh.

why?!

you have to time up the engine and take the belt off, at least partially, to swap the pump.

then put it all back together. only to have to do that all again to do the cambelt a few K later.

Plus retensioning an old belt is just asking for disaster.

and ginge did say BEFORE fitting the pump...I assumed not on same day...sorry ginge if you didnt mean that Smile
The only extra you have to do is, take the bottom pulley off and the bottom cambelt cover, then its just unbolting stuff which isnt difficult.