306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Exhaust issues!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have a 1.9td on a Lucas pump and done stage 1 tune pushing 18-19psi on a T2. It's on only 80k and full history. It's a great little runner. I'm sure it's mechanically sound. However I recently put a de-cat pipe on it and loved the way it spooled up quicker so bought a full 2.5in custom made exhaust with no middle box (used) as I'm also waiting for a 9mm Bosch pump to be delivered and will be putting a TD04 on also.
Problem is I fitted the exhaust today and its blowing shit loads of grey not black smoke out when on boost. What's happened? I was pleased with the tune as no smoke but a bit of haze when nailing it. Will it settle down after running it a while? Or is there a problem? Any ideas guys?

Cheers. PC.
sounds normal to me
Possibly water in the exhaust or something?
Check your coolants not pressurizing. Other than that carry on and see what happens.
(04-09-2013, 02:01 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly water in the exhaust or something?

Good shout. It was a bit damp when I unpacked it now you mention it.
I had to adjust the tue on mine slightly when I swapped the exhaust as the turbo seemed to be able to work much better. I turned up the main fuelling slightly and turned the compensator in another half turn and it's pretty clean again.

A completely clean tune (from the drivers seat and looking in the mirror) on a standard exhaust could still be a bit cloudy when you put on such a freeflowing system. The cat and baffles in a standard system can hold/ catch some of the soot so it's mostly clean with the occasional belch of black smoke every so often. With the exhaust you have now any soot that's produced will go straight out the back. If your tailpipe now exits straight instead of pointing down that can increase the visible smoke. If it's not that dense it will look kind of grey and dusty in the mirror rather than black and sooty and is probably healthy. That's what I'm hoping anyway!

As long as there are no other symptoms I wouldn't worry about it.
i might give the actuator another turn tomorrow. I think that may help.
If it's used, it may be oil or fuel deposits from the previous car that are burning off.

Mine smoked like a bitch after I blew the turbo and replaced it. Was just oil burning itself away. Soon clears up.
All clear thanks, just in time for the Bosch :-)