306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: dturbo egine in. Just turning over.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my friend just dropped in a dturbo engine cause his old one went BANG Tongue Anyways, its turning over perfect, but just not starting! Any ideas?
Bled the fuel system?
(28-08-2013, 02:35 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Bled the fuel system?

Still useless round engines so how exactly? (even though i took a dturo out of a breaker i got!! Cant wait to drop it into my nad Big Grin )
^^^^
fueling
stop solenoid

you only really need fuel, air and compression. Triple check air flow and fuel flow is sufficient ThumbsUp

(28-08-2013, 02:37 PM)Darren123 Wrote: [ -> ]

Still useless round engines so how exactly? (even though i took a dturo out of a breaker i got!! Cant wait to drop it into my nad Big Grin )

crack off the unions one turn on the injector lines (injector end), and crank the engine til it pisses out the top, lock the unions back tight, make sure all 4 bleed fuel out
(28-08-2013, 02:38 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]^^^^
fueling
stop solenoid

you only really need fuel, air and compression. Triple check air flow and fuel flow is sufficient ThumbsUp

(28-08-2013, 02:37 PM)Darren123 Wrote: [ -> ]

crack off the unions one turn on the injector lines (injector end), and crank the engine til it pisses out the top, lock the unions back tight, make sure all 4 bleed fuel out

right we'll check the fuel flow Smile how do we check the air flow? Smile
(28-08-2013, 02:57 PM)Darren123 Wrote: [ -> ]right we'll check the fuel flow Smile how do we check the air flow? Smile

easiest; disconnect any intercooler/piping and leave the inlet manifold open where the top mount usually sits. Obviously make sure there's nothing around it to get sucked in lmao

and TBH, it's easiest way to get to the unions also. just leave any intercooler/turbo disconnected from the inlet
fair enough Smile and what am i looking for when we disconnect um? just to make sure there's an air flow?
yeh, you can feel the inlet sucking...

just crack the unions off half a turn from tight, turn engine over, watch diesel piss out, tigten them up.
If they don't bleed fuel, tighten them ALL up and undo one line at a time
Crack em all off hold it at full throttle and crank over til its squirting everywhere, tighten then start aha
If the bleeding doesn't work check the stop solenoid on the pump. Are you going Lucas ----> Bosch?
Crack one of the injectors off and turn the car over and see if fuel comes out
What pump is on the new motor, if its lucas, and it still has an immob chip on it, it wont work out the box.

If its bosch / the same pump as old engine, just needs bleeding as above Smile
(13-09-2013, 02:31 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]What pump is on the new motor, if its lucas, and it still has an immob chip on it, it wont work out the box.

If its bosch / the same pump as old engine, just needs bleeding as above Smile

On the Lucas stop solenoids, are they a simple change or is there more to it?
The immob ones are covered with a steel shroud, you can cut the shroud off and either change the solenoid, or wire the one thats there manually, but you cant just swap complete immob lucas pumps as the chip on the back of the pump wont match the cars immob, so it wont open the solenoid.
(13-09-2013, 07:26 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]The immob ones are covered with a steel shroud, you can cut the shroud off and either change the solenoid, or wire the one thats there manually, but you cant just swap complete immob lucas pumps as the chip on the back of the pump wont match the cars immob, so it wont open the solenoid.

This is what is was Smile all sorted now Smile
Thought as much lol.