306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Engine shakes while starting and open clutch in first gear.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there Smile

Sometimes when starting the engine shakes and when i drive in first gear first time there is no shaking but when i stop and do it again the engine shakes and the whole car shakes badly from en engine hmm..
Could it be the lower engine mount that is going bad?
I adjustet the gear bolt back off the engine and the gearing is a bit bether now but after a month driving the gar problem is coming back..
I have reading some forum post about lower engine mount that is bad after many years off some oil on it and dust and salt/water (norway use salt on road on the winter and that is sh..t).
So what could it be?

Thanks for info and cheers!
I could post a video when starting and driving first gear iff that helps!
Can be any of the mounts, try rocking the engine by hand, if theres movement its definately a mount.

Mine needed the top left mount and gearbox which cured the movement
I have made a video testing lower engine mount see iff it is bad ore not

Doesn't seem to bad from underneath I'd say the top left mount as they move a lot and snap.
You can tell nothing from rocking it by hand. Put it in gear and apply load in 1st/reverse and you can really appreciate a knakkered bottom mount!

get a video like that ^ and get one with the engine running on idle - could just be dicky injctor below 1,100 rpm etc.
Ok then then thanks for info il check it out with camera while driving and see what happens Smile
Is your engine even on in that video?