306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Starter issues...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, typically, 2 days before FCS * I think* the starter motor has packed up. Literally it started fine after work, got home (5 miles), left for 10 minutes then went to start it to nip to Asda for veg oil and just click, nothing. Hit it with a hammer, nothing.

Now, pretty sure the battery wasn't dead, all the electrics were working fine and it had just started perfectly, so I've got a starter off karl1989 which I'm gonna fit tonight after work but if that doesn't fix it, anything else I should check?

I'm scared of electrics, please help Confused
Get a jump lead and earth the negative terminal of the battery to the block, if it starts, check/replace your earth straps. Let me know if you need any cable, I can bring some to FCS if you want.
Did you tap the solenoid? (The top part of the starter with the wires attached). That's probably got sticky. If you have another good starter its only a case of 3 bolts and couple wires then you wont risk getting caught out.

Disconnect the battery first though!
Yeah smacked it with a precision adjustment tool, no joy. Really hope the new starter fixes it...

So check earths as well, anything else?
mine does this regular now...just keep trying and it goes after one or two clicks. cant be arsed to fix mine.

wack a starter on there and it be fine
Break out the tools Big Grin
(25-07-2013, 10:21 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]mine does this regular now...just keep trying and it goes after one or two clicks. cant be arsed to fix mine.

wack a starter on there and it be fine

Mine's just dead, nothing there whatsoever...

It does keep getting soaked in veg when I change the fuel filter though so that hasn't helped....
Sorted, motor was dead Smile
no surprise there
Need any more bits let me know mate Wink
Will do pal, thanks for that. Prefer you to any other parts supplier, you're open at 9pm on a Wednesday night lol