306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Phase 1 or phase 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys my car has got both me and my other half confused! We were under the impression when we bought it it was a ph2 we didn't go and look at it and had it delivered to us. (Silly I no) but for the price we paid we didn't care! Right it has a key pad immobiliser, no air con just the hot cold dial and instead of an airbag passenger side I have another glove box! Also the mileage is old school clocks not digital! I have the original manufacture papers and it says 1996 but its an s reg and has the outside of a ph2 ! I had a ph2 in black and the difference between the two was mega! Anyone explain this? Very confused!
Get some pictures up. Sounds like a Ph2.5 parts bin special like mine. Will help people to identify it Smile
phase 1 with no digi dials
phase 1 no doubt
96 was last late reg for phase1s
It's the bianca 6 I'm on about sorry shoulda said ha
There were some which were late registered though (e.g. the Brands Hatch GTi-6 demo cars which were registered in 2003 IIRC!) throughout the run, so it could well be a phase 1 on an S-plate if it wasn't registered straight away at a dealership.

That said, it does just sound like PBS (Parts Bin Special) lol
Il take a pic of inside tomorrow! And I have a sunroof!
Its a ph1 but some one has converted the front end to ph2, if it has the old style dials its defo a ph1 that has been converted
Just looked at your first thread with the pics of the car. I would hedge my bets on ph1
put some pics up
Photos of the interior as a whole would be helpful, we'd be able to see the the gear stick and seats then which are another giveaway. Also the engine bay would help Smile
It has ph1 wings with ph1 side repeaters
Have none of the inside I will do that tomorrow. I have leather and swade seats with the same door cards. It was the no air con that swayed me towards ph1
Also has a sun roof which is mega rare in ph2 super common in ph1
As has been said, phase 1 with phase 2 front
(22-07-2013, 09:03 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Also has a sun roof which is mega rare in ph2 super common in ph1

How are sunroofs mega rare in PH2's?!!?! lol
Id 99% say your car left the factory looking like this
Did the phase2 not have key pad immoblisers
(22-07-2013, 09:05 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-07-2013, 09:03 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Also has a sun roof which is mega rare in ph2 super common in ph1

How are sunroofs mega rare in PH2's?!!?! lol

ph2 gti's dick wedge
Looks like a late registered and ph2 converted ph1.

Its got ph1 skirts and possibly a ph3 bonnet. would be interesting to have a look and see if the age of the ph2 parts match its registration date.

What rear lights has it got and if they are ph2/3 what is the wiring for them like.
(22-07-2013, 09:05 PM)Segers266 Wrote: [ -> ]Did the phase2 not have key pad immoblisers

no

(22-07-2013, 09:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a late registered and ph2 converted ph1.

Its got ph1 skirts and possibly a ph3 bonnet

What rear lights has it got and if they are ph2/3 what is the wiring for them like.

phase 1&2 skirts are the same?

also check the wiering loom on the rear lights see it its been chopped and joined
Phase 2 didn't have a keypad so that's pretty categorically a phase 1, but phase 2 6s did come with sunroofs, particularly on a late S (though this one was early S) and T reg when they were going into phase 3. A load came with both the air-con and sunroof option.
get the number painted on the drivers strut top and i can tell you the build date
also if you put the vin nunber into service box it will tell you what was fitted as standard out of the factory for your car

my ph2 has aircon and no sunroof on R 1998
Your talking to a girl here i have no idea what your talking about hahaa. I know some things but you've lost me haha. Il be at Fcs feel free to take it to bits haha
(22-07-2013, 09:08 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Phase 2 didn't have a keypad so that's pretty categorically a phase 1, but phase 2 6s did come with sunroofs, particularly on a late S (though this one was early S) and T reg when they were going into phase 3. A load came with both the air-con and sunroof option.

mines on a early R with both, I thought that was a pretty rare thing
(22-07-2013, 09:05 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]ph2 gti's dick wedge

Say whaa?
(22-07-2013, 09:10 PM)Segers266 Wrote: [ -> ]Your talking to a girl here i have no idea what your talking about hahaa. I know some things but you've lost me haha. Il be at Fcs feel free to take it to bits haha

youv said it now you cant take it back lol

(22-07-2013, 09:10 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-07-2013, 09:05 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]ph2 gti's dick wedge

Say whaa?

<3
(22-07-2013, 09:10 PM)Segers266 Wrote: [ -> ]Il be at Fcs feel free to take it to bits haha

Challenge accepted.

You putting it back together?
Pages: 1 2 3