306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Post 0-60 30-70 times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As above im just interested to see the differences in times with different combinations

post car as well e.g. 306or 205

The reason behind this is that i've just finished my 205 1.6 gti project and im unsure of which route to go down with engines, ive been thinking of a gti-6 conversion,vts box and vts quick rack with 283mm brake setup,

or going down the route of a xud with td04,bosch(160-170bhp) with vts rack
Haven't actually timed mine. But I know that it's shit lol
Same old story as with the 306's. both equal ish when the XUD has a bigger blower. Down side is they are like playing with a loaded gun but still return 50MPG the petrol on the other hand with make good power all day long and be reliable but almost half the miles per gallon.
I know which one I'd prefer simply because of running costs. I reckon mine is in the mid to low 6 seconds to 60 in the dry but havnt officially timed it yet.
well that's my concern with the petrol(mpg) its no fun pegging money into the tank, build costs not a concern either within reason, if I had a similar power output and high mpg with the xud

on the other hand would I be destroying a good example of a gti (which it is)

how does yours compare to a gti-6 205(if you have ever came across one)

have you ever driven a gti 205 and handling wise, does the xud's weight effect it much?
I've been in convoy with 4x GTI 6 205's when I was running a stock turbo and they pulled from me but not loads.
I get your point about ruining it but its improving it in reality!

I've never drive a GTI but mine being an original Dturbo it cam with a softer GTI set up and the weight difference in minimal, pretty much identical except one has a turbo and injector pump. Much lighter than the '6 lumps either way.
I would have thought an xud would have been heaver than a gti-6,

Basically I could live with it being a bit slower than a gti-6, once it was quicker than a 1.9 8v, over the past few months I've been wondering about what engine route i'd go down it as I tidied up other bits on the car

I was thinking of a basic xud setup t25,td04 and supporting pump mods, oil cooler, maybe a fmic
9mm pump, larger turbo and possibly a FMIC or decent cooling to the TMIC and you should see 160+ bhp easily!
306 - XUD9, GT2052V, TMIC, W/M Injection

30-70 - 5.3s
0-60 - 6.1s

With regards to the XUD changing handling - you realise a XUD is within about 2kg of a 1.9 8v and lighter than a GTi6 by about 40kg...
(24-07-2013, 07:47 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]306 - XUD9, GT2052V, TMIC, W/M Injection

30-70 - 5.3s
0-60 - 6.1s

With regards to the XUD changing handling - you realise a XUD is within about 2kg of a 1.9 8v and lighter than a GTi6 by about 40kg...

I didn't until strictly derv posted above, Just assumed it would have been heavier, 40kg heavier didn't think they were that much heavier

Just after getting my friends 205 on the road this evening 1.9td bosch and t2 1.8 box, goes well enough, needs pump work, 1.8 box is way too short IMO plans for the weekend is gov mod, get a boost gauge on and give her some fuel and boost plus an axle. haha

Little does he know shes going to be my test project..haha
The GTi engine is twin cam and has a cast head, plus the manifolds weigh a tonne too. Yeah the XUD has a turbo but nothing compared to the likes of the GTi exhaust mani.