306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 'standard sound' exhaust you say?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah so ive got the Db meter from work at the moment. my Mid-sport longlife system that was supposed to be only just over standard volume....

[attachment=8071]

That was just idle lol
How far away from the tip did you hold it btw?
Got a mid sport longlife system on my hdi, love it. Definitely louder than standard too, can actually hear the thing now.

On idle that seems a bit excessive though, how close were you?
(24-06-2013, 07:21 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]How far away from the tip did you hold it btw?

Bet it was inside the back box lol
(24-06-2013, 07:22 PM)vlj Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-06-2013, 07:21 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]How far away from the tip did you hold it btw?

Bet it was inside the manifold lol
FTFY.

To be fair, the exhaust is pretty damn loud.
roughly 1 metre at just above bumper level.
Jesus, that is f*cking loud then, I must be deaf as shit, cuz I don't think its that bad!
I think scott was actually slightly in pain after the drive back from Geli's last weekend lol

Its f*cking loud! Its just really deep and boomy.

Oh and before you say it, that was calibrated a few weeks back lol
Bet mines louder whistle
Mine's 95 inside the car (admittedly full chat, recorded on a shitty app)
(24-06-2013, 08:03 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine's 95 inside the car (admittedly full chat, recorded on a shitty app)

Will be doing a inside cabin full chat one tomorrow
My DT is vile with that GT17S on...

I bet sound *pressure* wise it's actually f*cking loud, it's just that Petrols place that noise where you can hear it rather than the deep bellow of a diesel with a big turbine wheel and not much in the way of silencing...
We had mine at 108 at idle a while ago on one of those phone apps
(24-06-2013, 08:22 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]My DT is vile with that GT17S on...

I bet sound *pressure* wise it's actually f*cking loud, it's just that Petrols place that noise where you can hear it rather than the deep bellow of a diesel with a big turbine wheel and not much in the way of silencing...

^^This

I can hear the flapper more than I can hear the exhaust
I dread to think what the '5 is lol
Not sure what mine is at but I know that when I floor it, with it being unfiltered, it makes a massive racket and I feel slightly deaf afterwards, especially after the turbo dumps the pressure on gear change.
Ill bring it with me to the RR day next weekend if i dont get asked to send it back before then