306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Engine "ticking"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Engine seems to be ticking these past few weeks, sounds like a 1.1 ford fiesta any ideas what it could be?
Oil level is fine.
Its been running a hard tune for about 20k now on a td04l and 11mm pump but ive only noticed the annoying ticking recently.
Timing changed on the pump at all? Any noticed difference in performance ?
Does it always do it or does it dissapear when you press on the clutch?
Increases with revs but its hard to tell after about 1500rpm cos the exhaust noise drowns it out.
Changed the timing there a few times recently but its definitely not that as it was doing it before any timing changes.
Shagged injector? Undo the injection lines and see if it disappears on one cylinder.
Hmmmm, could be ruan. Might explain why i think its going like crap at the minute! (Could also be me getting used to the POWAAA).
Doesnt happen at idle though, only when the engine is under load so will i not get diesel everywhere if im undoing injector pipes?!
A bit, but it'll soon go away Wink
20k since you had it with all setups, or 20k on the td04? If so, thats pretty impressive Wink
Probably 10k on td04 and 10k on the k14/gt15.
Its on 180k now.

Any thoughts on the ticking darren?
Are you able to post up a video? I've found that when my injectors have gotten to a fuk-a-doodle-doo'd point, they make a unique metalic knock/tick.. Has it been getting louder? Are you sure its not present faintly at idle - hidden behind the xud grumble?
Probably is novos but as you can imagine its not clear over the rattle of the xud.
Il stick a screwdriver to the injector and listen to see if ones louder than the others...
They all seem to make a metallic knock when i stick an ear to a screwdriver and listen to the injectors. They all have different tones though?
Turned out it was a blowing turbo to fanimold gasket. Easy fix!
Good... so it lives on Smile
For now lol