306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Exhaust.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wanted to take off the exhaust off the Nad today, just for fun Tongue but the back box is welded to the pipe ... what to do?
er. Angle grinder or remove it from the manifold?
Remove from the manifold it is Smile
oh dear god, it's a NAD you say?

It'll be LOUD.
Don't do it leave it alone I took the backbox off mine it's ear bleedingly loud
No mid section?
(10-06-2013, 08:14 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't do it leave it alone I took the backbox off mine it's ear bleedingly loud

Thats why i dont want to angle grind it, wanna bolt it back after a week when my hearing is about to give Big Grin
Just leave it be its not worth the hassle lol
You could take the whole thing off, get some thin cutting disks and try and cut the welds, but I bet you'd end up having to weld it back up.
Why do you want to? It will be stupidly loud / illegal and get you pulled over in minutes driving with no pipe at all...better of saving for a proper exhaust...or given the motor, a DT!
not to mention all the exhaust gasses that will fill the car up if theres no exhaust
(11-06-2013, 06:57 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]not to mention all the exhaust gasses that will fill the car up if theres no exhaust

This.

I think I've lost a couple of years from chronic derv fumes.. Confused
(10-06-2013, 08:09 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]oh dear god, it's a NAD you say?

It'll be LOUD.

AMEN to this; started my NAD with no exhaust for lols. VERYY loud and VERY smokey!
FFS don't take the pipe off and leave it with nothing, not even just taking the back box off, it will unbearably fumie faster than you can say " SHIT THIS WAS A BAD IDEA"
Slot in a DT then straight pipe it, sounds fantastic Smile

I once straight piped a 2.8D and I swore never again, one of my ears bled! Sad