306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: GTi-6 brake upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's probably been asked before, but I've just bought some new GTi-6 front caliper and plan to stick them on my D Turbo! Main question is, do I need to change the master cylinder to a GTi-6 one or can I run them on a D Turbo one? Thanks!
personal prefference really.

I would. others wouldnt.
If you can be arsed to bleed the entire system from head to toe go for it. Might be a nice idea to refresh the brake fluid anyway.

Personally haven't had any issues running without, you'll get used to slightly longer pedal travel, its no biggie really.
(09-06-2013, 01:03 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]If you can be arsed to bleed the entire system from head to toe go for it. Might be a nice idea to refresh the brake fluid anyway.

Personally haven't had any issues running without, you'll get used to slightly longer pedal travel, its no biggie really.

what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ . .Smile
(09-06-2013, 01:26 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2013, 01:03 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]If you can be arsed to bleed the entire system from head to toe go for it. Might be a nice idea to refresh the brake fluid anyway.

what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ . .Smile

Get quite a bit of pedal travel as it is atm, so no worry! Gonna get some mintex disc and pads ordered then get these on!!
Ideal time to fit some braided lines aswell
I'd definitely consider it, I ran standard MC and the pedal travel is shocking, doesn't inspire confidence. Unless you like to feel the brakes working once the pedal is nearly in the carpet...
Another quick question, are these brakes the same as the Xsara VTS ones? Can anyone confirm this?
Yeah, check the number stamped near the piston. Should be 57