306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: WVO Filtering & filling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, just after some advice from people who may use svo or wvo!

When the time comes for using veggy in the 306 im interested to know what people use for filtering their WVO, and also filling their tanks with it once its cleaned.

I have around 400 ltrs in storage, and have previously just filtered through a J cloth and used 5ltr jerry cans to pour into my tank. This was fine for my 106 derv as she was running a lucas pump and I rarely had it above 50% veg to diesel. So didnt need to filter too often.

However once my 306 is bosch'd I want to look at around 75% veggy, especially when the weathers this warm, so im looking for a way of filtering more at once, and also a way of filling my tank quicker than using 5ltr jerry cans.

I've looked into large filtering socks and like a 20ltr fuel can, but anyone got anything quicker / easier to regularly get around 40-50 litrs of oil filtered, and into my tank?

Cheers, Andy

Edit: heres the filtering bags im looking at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3X28-10-5-1MIC...196wt_1018
not really got the answer to your question, but i got a 106 derv on a lucus bit scared to run veg in it keep thinking i will kill the pump, so how long was you running veg oil in the 106? any issues?
Drove a total of 26k miles in the 106 derv, probably average blend of 60% derv 40% veggy.

Drove it for 3 weeks on 100% veg oil - no issues

Serviced it regularly and fuel filter changed every 8k, no problems whatsoever.

Engine parts that were replaced in my ownership was water pump, few engine mounts etc, nothing veg related at all, however, it died a couple weeks ago with an apparent big end bearing on its way out, sold it to someone for £250 and shes still running now Big Grin was a epic car that!
(07-06-2013, 02:33 PM)Andy annear Wrote: [ -> ]Drove a total of 26k miles in the 106 derv, probably average blend of 60% derv 40% veggy.

Drove it for 3 weeks on 100% veg oil - no issues

Serviced it regularly and fuel filter changed every 8k, no problems whatsoever.

Engine parts that were replaced in my ownership was water pump, few engine mounts etc, nothing veg related at all, however, it died a couple weeks ago with an apparent big end bearing on its way out, sold it to someone for £250 and shes still running now Big Grin was a epic car that!

Tempted to get some veg in mine then just bit scared of killing the pump lol
I use old 5L veg containers and a funnel to fill with SVO, I buy in 20L SVO containers which are plastic and you can't really handle them full and hold the funnel straight so decant half into 5L containers.

The 5L containers also fit well in the boot, so you can carry spare fuel on a long journey.
I used to get 20L KTC veg oil from my local cash and carry for £20 per drum.
I've got a spare pump if you kill it chris Wink hahah get some in
(07-06-2013, 03:39 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a spare pump if you kill it chris Wink hahah get some in

lol

Think I'm going go give it a bash surely carnt do that much harm on weak mix