306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: MG ZR: Cams & Maps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hot water has been sorted now it took two replacement pumps and both the temperature control sensors along with some electrical poking to get it all working again. Wonder how it was ever running before as apparently the pumps were seized. Alicia has been emailing the landlord and he has agreeed to a reduction in this months rent, it's just alicia wants to go all the way and not pay anything. Which I was against until I read a article about how the older generation have done over us young'ins by having too many pensions which we'll have to pay off and buying up all the properties to rent out to us lol

It's is a rover..but it's also a honda. MB6 Chassis to be precise and even the honda boys say the MG ZS is a good handling car and they try and put the suspension components from that onto their hondas. And its better looking Wink

Cant be dealing with an older rover, rust is annoying enough as it is so going for an older one is just asking for trouble. Besides this is probably going to go the way of a fast daily which is still simple enough for me to fiddle with
Lies. You will keep this for at least another year. Put those coilies on and love it again. You wont part with this. x
Sell rover
Buy GTi-6.
Smile Smile
yes that is the other option...
Thank fook for that, glad to hear it bud. Although i'm inclined to agree with Ally tbh, a week without hot water is too long, let alone a month. Confused

Tbf it's a perfectly decent car, should start appreciating soon too, almost certainly a future classic.
(20-11-2014, 01:50 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Thank fook for that, glad to hear it bud. Although i'm inclined to agree with Ally tbh, a week without hot water is too long, let alone a month. Confused

Tbf it's a perfectly decent car, should start appreciating soon too, almost certainly a future classic.

tbh anything to do with rover is starting to appreciate, the older stuff is really starting to jump up in value now. so its just a case of hanging on.
She went back to her parents for weekends to shower up, however there was always something more interesting going on so I didn't join her lol Found out today there's a shower at work...could have saved me some chilly nips

The zr will appreciate? They're worth fk all seeing nice examples going for £6/700. Although have just found a great source for MG's on swapz, very few about generally but it's full to the brim on there.

It's not just that I don't like the car, it's that the shell is shagged. It's rusty (unsurprisingly), the roof area that I fixed last winter is cracking open where the filler is shrinking, half the roof is a different shade of blue/matt finish, windows are rattling and there's a dent/hole when it fell off the trolley jack halfway onto a axle stand.
they will, but you are going to have to wait. Also there is the parts side of things too, as rimmor bros don't seem to be getting anything more made up, everything I have seen practically is on back order.
they supposedly be the best for landrover, are they f*ck! they have practically f*ck all for them!
306 Rallyes will appreciate...
And theres one for £800 currently for sale which needs a water pump...
Ya know ya want to!
(20-11-2014, 08:25 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]She went back to her parents for weekends to shower up, however there was always something more interesting going on so I didn't join her lol Found out today there's a shower at work...could have saved me some chilly nips

The zr will appreciate? They're worth fk all seeing nice examples going for £6/700. Although have just found a great source for MG's on swapz, very few about generally but it's full to the brim on there.

It's not just that I don't like the car, it's that the shell is shagged. It's rusty (unsurprisingly), the roof area that I fixed last winter is cracking open where the filler is shrinking, half the roof is a different shade of blue/matt finish, windows are rattling and there's a dent/hole when it fell off the trolley jack halfway onto a axle stand.

just reshell it.
It is tempting as I do like red 306s..but I fear me driving it short distances to work and back will do a lot of wear on the engine which isn't ideal for an appreciating car.

Have been tempted to reshell into a mk2 zr but then the zs is just that little bit nicer and has better suspension/chassis etc. It was designed properly rather than being a bodge of 2 different cars

Tested out a map on the weekend, drove to Doncaster and back. Car didn't feel like it had any more peak power..or any power improvement at all really. Driving around town seems a bit smoother not so jerky. So perhaps more low down toque? Although it could just be in my head as I think most of the map changes occurred at high rpm/higher load.
did a test of the new rev limiter the other day will upload a video later on
id just drop the running gear into a better shell, if this one is starting to let you down. Wont be hard to get hold of a 1.4 and swop over your shite into it, as it will be all plug in play, the Rover 400 route sounds a good idea, but I cannot really see the vvc engine really been that quicker in one of those mind.
New VVC rev limiter: http://youtu.be/eEOGbYZ7qIU

Better shell = zs shell
Please crop ya video in future lol

Made a shell decision yet?
mine revs to about that lol
Sorry piggy, laptop doesn't like the format the mobius records in for some reason so uploaded straight to youtube
Still thinking a ZS although tempted by a TF just don't think I'd fit in one.

The revs are only 250 more than the map allowed for before hand but you can sort of see the needle reach the half way point briefly. I would do more testing but it's tricky to find a decent road near the house where I can go out and give it a blast safely and without breaking the speed limit such as a nice short dual carriageway etc. Will get the obd reader plugged in and try and log some more data, I did a bit when driving home the other night although didn't find much apart from at the 2k rpm range it's on about 30 degrees advance spark timing

Been driving around the new map all week to work and back, while I was sceptical at first I'm pretty sure the car is driving nicer around towns now. Not quite as jerky when pulling away and changing gear feels smoother. In fact the car seems a delight to drive about now whereas before I resented having to do stop/start driving since when pulling away there always seemed to be a dip in the power. However I still understand this could be just in my mind, would like to do a dyno run or failing that I'll try the torque app hp graph

Would like to map in a overrun burble, just need to find the map that says to stop injecting fuel when off the throttle
what air filter are you running?
K&N Enclosed cone filter. No cold air intake (not that I need it at this time of year)
I found the ITG panel filter better than the K&N one, as the K&N was more noisy than anything really.
Do they really make that much a difference? Is the intake system a restriction, I know on the 143 vvc it is since they up'd the air box size
Also do shiney intake pipes do anything bar looking nice? Smoother air flow rather than the ribbed plastic one
(11-12-2014, 12:27 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Do they really make that much a difference? Is the intake system a restriction, I know on the 143 vvc it is since they up'd the air box size
Also do shiney intake pipes do anything bar looking nice? Smoother air flow rather than the ribbed plastic one

I think the ITG ones are slightly less restrictive, but make the car run quieter too, as soon as I switched from the K&N to the ITG the car was quieter and a little more pokey,
might have been as that's one of the things the 143s like, is good induction, throttle body and exhaust system.
but the two engines performance wise there isn't any difference tbh, bar the 160 had a stronger head that was about it.
Come on you bumder. Youve had those refurbished coilovers for a while now and I havent seen any photos. Have they come back shiney or are they still broken?
(11-12-2014, 02:11 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Come on you bumder. Youve had those refurbished coilovers for a while now and I havent seen any photos. Have they come back shiney or are they still broken?

Srowell he is scrapping the car, so sold the lot on
(11-12-2014, 02:55 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2014, 02:11 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Come on you bumder. Youve had those refurbished coilovers for a while now and I havent seen any photos. Have they come back shiney or are they still broken?

They were in his boot 3 days ago! 
(11-12-2014, 04:18 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]

he is dropping the vvc engine in a R400 instead.
What's happening here?

When the new car arriving? ? Big Grin
(11-12-2014, 04:22 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2014, 04:18 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]

he is dropping the vvc engine in a R400 instead.

OOOoooOooo. I like the sound of that.
I had a spin in my mates MG ZR tomcat turbo the other night..

Why anyone bothers with N/A anymore eludes me lol
(19-12-2014, 10:39 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]I had a spin in my mates MG ZR tomcat turbo the other night..

Why anyone bothers with N/A anymore eludes me lol

I had a ride in one years ago,  it was about 320 bhp or something,  very powerful car it was!  I don't know why steve  wont go T series with this in stead of playing about with the k series, As they don't move with the K series engines in.
they just say move with the 190 bhp units! 
exactly, bang for buck and man maths = T series ZR