306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Meyle HD wishbones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well im really disappointed! Fitted them just before christmas i think it was. Took the nearside off today and the rear P bush has split round about half of the rubber. Its really flimsy now! Anyway they have a 4 year warranty but i would of thought that is invalid now seeing as ive fitted a new ball joint so im thinking of replacing the P bushes with powerflex ones. Any reviews? Ive heard they are fairly good but wondering if anyone has fitted them and if so, how did you get on?
I'd also like to point out this isn't the first set I've seen where this has happened. I bought a set off Dum-Dum that had been fitted for a few months (possibly less) and the same thing had happened. We noticed it when Sam picked up the wishbone by the p-bush and the wishbone didn't come with it. Hopefully these are fairly isolated incidents as I know a lot of people on here are using them...not to mention the person who supplied them isn't returning calls or messages from anyone which makes me concerned about how anyone would be able to claim a new unit under warranty.
Mine are still going strong must be 3 plus years now.
(01-06-2013, 09:14 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I'd also like to point out this isn't the first set I've seen where this has happened. I bought a set off Dum-Dum that had been fitted for a few months (possibly less) and the same thing had happened. We noticed it when Sam picked up the wishbone by the p-bush and the wishbone didn't come with it. Hopefully these are fairly isolated incidents as I know a lot of people on here are using them...not to mention the person who supplied them isn't returning calls or messages from anyone which makes me concerned about how anyone would be able to claim a new unit under warranty.

This is why im not going to bother trying to go through the warranty process. Too much hassle but i will be emailing Meyle to make them aware of it.
That's if they're actually meyle...
(01-06-2013, 10:12 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]That's if they're actually meyle...

Well they came in sealed meyle HD bags and have Meyle stamped into them as well as the ball joint so i would of thought so. I must say, the build quality looked substantially better than the cheap motor factors part i ripped out!

Have emailed them so will see what they say!
Sealed bag? Meh means nothing, doesn't take much to seal a plastic bag lol but fair enough if they're actually stamped. What made you swap the ball joint though? That would've been covered in warranty
(01-06-2013, 10:29 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Sealed bag? Meh means nothing, doesn't take much to seal a plastic bag lol but fair enough if they're actually stamped. What made you swap the ball joint though? That would've been covered in warranty

Hub was knocking. Replaced the hub but the ball joint was already f*cked so f*cked the new hub so had to replace both today Sad nice and silent and smooth to drive now Smile
I have a set of PF P bushes fitted, really simple to do and a vast improvement over rubber ones. The whole thing rotates easily on the wishbone once fitted so it sits at exactly the right angle when the car's back on the ground. Well worth changing to them IMO.
I didn't know and i dunno if you do or not but your supposed to tighten them bolts whilst they're under load otherwise they do crack
Obviously put it in and tighten it a bit
Find a kerb or something so the weight of the car is on it then properly tighten it
(01-06-2013, 09:14 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I'd also like to point out this isn't the first set I've seen where this has happened. I bought a set off Dum-Dum that had been fitted for a few months (possibly less) and the same thing had happened. We noticed it when Sam picked up the wishbone by the p-bush and the wishbone didn't come with it. Hopefully these are fairly isolated incidents as I know a lot of people on here are using them...not to mention the person who supplied them isn't returning calls or messages from anyone which makes me concerned about how anyone would be able to claim a new unit under warranty.

this is really concerning me atm!
How much were the Meyle ones? I bit the bullet and bought Lemforder ones and the P bush still looks great after almost 2 years.
Im sure the fact the rest of your suspension isn't stock will void your warranty... but ofc you won't disclose that to them.. and they won't find this thread!!

As said a bit disappointing really as I was looking to spunk out on some of these too
SO as i said, i emailed them and didnt hear back so i assumed it would be another company who just dismiss their customers opinions once they have their money but i was wrong!

Quote:Dear Mr Harper,

Firstly please accept our apologies for the delay in replying.

I am very sorry to learn of the problems you and other Peugeot 306 owners have experienced with the MEYLE HD control arms. I have contacted our Quality Department in Germany and they have confirmed that there have been no known build issues nor have we had many reported warranty failures.

Would it be at all possible for you to send some photo’s of the parts showing the damage so I may forward onto Quality?

If so, would you please forward these to me at the following email address:

XXXXXXXXXXX

I am out of the office until Wednesday of next week but will get back to you immediately on my return.

Thank you and apologies again for the delay in getting back to you.

Kind regards

Lyn Gann
Operations Manager

Will send them the pics and keep you all updated Smile
Nice one.

Good to see a company taking customers seriously. It seems to be a rare thing these days, as you say.
I have some further photos of p bush wear if you need them mate.
Want to try and blag it with mine too? lol

[Image: b6fdbb68.jpg]
/shouldofboughtvibratechnics !!!

I really rate these and a lot less chance of the rubber dyeing
(13-06-2013, 04:37 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I have some further photos of p bush wear if you need them mate.

Scott could you send me a pic of your ones please mate?
Phil has a good point there, most people don't fit them correctly as far as ive seen.
Care to explain Alex? x
Well cant argue with the customer service from these guys. Got another email back from Lynn today asking for details from where i bought them and my address and car details to send me a new set. I genuinely wasnt after a new set as ive had to replace a ball joint and we know what most companies are like with their warranty T&Cs!!

If anyone else (scott?) has had issues with their products, i suggest contacting them. They are being very helpful.
Wow. Impressive.

Fair play to them. Would not have seen that coming.
Customer service goes a long way. Fair play to them
Exactly my thoughts. I'd buy from them again based on this! Things can go wrong even with the most expensive of products but they seem to have dealt with it very well.
Good result there mate!

Grant, see Phil's post. ^^^
Whats to say people arent fitting these properly? I had a set that started knocking after about 3 months, i just threw them out and bought Lemforder ones. I was that pissed at the quality that i didnt even bother looking for replacements if they were going to end up the same way.

I fitted mine when i set up my rose jointed drop links, i know enough about setting up suspension to know how to fit a wishbone. And the p-bush isnt the one to watch preload on, its the forward bushes you need to be careful. The p-bushes should be bolted to the car so that the bush is under no load when the car is on its wheels, its the angle its pressed onto the arm that affects this, not when you bolt it to the car.

Thats why lowered cars eat more p-bushes. Ideally theyd be pressed onto the arm at an angle rather than parallel. Doesnt matter when you bolt them to the car though as the p-bush bolt doesnt affect preload like on the round bushes.

Kind of a rant, but need to clear that up before anyone gets the wrong idea or is accused of fitting them wrong...
^^^ Good rant

have had motor factors not pay out on failing wishbones (pbush fail) claiming poor fitting....

but if being a bit rough with it when fitting ruins the pbush...whats expected when a tonne of car is loaded onto it in a corner!!
So do we have a list of brands makes and price all in a list which are good and bad.

This would be handy to have for everybody.
Thought it could make a difference, my bad.
Pages: 1 2