306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: throttle arm positioning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all...

been a while since I been around, I know. Been snowed under with family things and work.

I am nearly finished with my hybrid pump build...but being not quite with it, I forget to mark the throttle arm position in regard to the splines.

So...er...whats best to do?? Confused Confused Confused

Any mod worth doing to the throttle travel etc while I am at it??

thanks in advance. taking some time off soon to sort the 2.1 out...updates soon

Smile
Using a flat head screwdriver turn the gov shaft to fully open, then place the throttle arm down on the splines at max throttle Smile
(31-05-2013, 05:47 PM)Mal Wrote: [ -> ]Using a flat head screwdriver turn the gov shaft to fully open, then place the throttle arm down on the splines at max throttle Smile

coz of the gov mod, I cant get enough leverage with the screwdriver to turn it to max throttle!!
I guess a flat screw head on a 3/8 socket will work...
so turn anti clock till it wont anymore and fit throttle arm there at max throttle yeah?
(02-06-2013, 08:26 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I guess a flat screw head on a 3/8 socket will work...
so turn anti clock till it wont anymore and fit throttle arm there at max throttle yeah?

That's what I did! Have a Transit spring in my gov, turned it as far as it would go with a screwdriver, slipped on the arm and tightened it down Smile
dang I cant get this...to keep the flat head gripped on the throttle arm you have to push down which then obviously pushing the whole thing down, hiding the splines!!! doh
Mount the arm, and rotate towards full throttle, at some point you should "feel" it hit the max rpm gov springs and become "stiffer" to move, if not keep adjusting the shaft anti-clockwise (more throttle) until you do, you want to set it so that this stiff part only cuts in on the last bit of throttle travel, and thats generally about right Smile
Have you checked your gov?. Tried doing same thing then ended up taking top of pump of to find the gov had gone.
(04-06-2013, 07:26 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Mount the arm, and rotate towards full throttle, at some point you should "feel" it hit the max rpm gov springs and become "stiffer" to move, if not keep adjusting the shaft anti-clockwise (more throttle) until you do, you want to set it so that this stiff part only cuts in on the last bit of throttle travel, and thats generally about right Smile

thanks darren, thats exactly what I can feel but when I turn the shaft to that point, I cant turn it into the stiffer section with the little screwdriver but if I mount the arm, I can!

will have another go tonight, thanks fellas