306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Stumped - non-starter, fuel pump issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having trouble with a mate's dt, have just tried swapping the pump to a bosch, failed, given up and gone back to the lucas. Now the car won't start and doesn't appear to be getting much fuel to the injectors, a dribble at best. The old lucas ran fine before, has been off for less than a day and was kept full of diesel in that time, so it's not a knackered pump issue.

So far he has tried:
Priming with the grenade
Priming with the grenade while cranking
Running on easystart
Bypassing fuel filter
Double-checked timing

Pretty out of ideas now and no closer to solving the problem, any suggestions would be very welcome, thanks.
Checked you have a feed to the stop solenoid?
Can hear the stop solenoid clicking when he turns the ignition on, so assume it's working. Worth running a direct feed you think?
Possibly fella. I had to do it to mine. Just turned out that id disturbed the connection.
crack/bleed the lines; make sure all your air is out and "pissing" from all injectors; lob some rags around the base of the injectors, catch as much derv as possible.
Did you swap studs round on bracket after switching back
Thanks Poodle Smile

Still having no luck getting the car started, checked the timing all good, still only a trickle of fuel getting through. Can't get to the stop solenoid but pretty sure its clicking.

Think it will be a case of keep turning it over till something happens, if that fails there will be a white ph1 3door dturbo being broken with plenty of good parts.
Where you located fizzy?? <-- CBa to change autocorrect for lols
Folkestone kent.

Fizzy Smile
Did ya move studs like jimbo said and you sure you haven't got pump 180 out can put the pins in the stud holes I know ya prob checked but worth a go and If you can bypass stop buy taking out and removing the plunger and then try again
why did the bosch conversion fail? just out of interest really
Changed the entire mounting bracket over as have one for bosch and one for lucas saves moving the studs. checked the timing locked the crank and the camshaft and then lined up the two locating holes on the pump.

I really hope that im being silly here and that i have done something wrong with the way i timed it, but i locked it all off whel i changed the pump and it didn't move. Might redo it tomorrow to be sure.

(30-05-2013, 08:58 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]why did the bosch conversion fail? just out of interest really

The pump had been sitting and no idea whether it worked, didn't kick any fuel out so assumed it was screwed and started to reverse back to lucas.

I had previously got the old engine running badly with the bosch pump and lucas injectors stuck at 2000 revs and lots of white smoke. So thought pump would be ok but apparently not.
not moving the studs or bad timing won't stop it pumping fuel. I would either take the solenoid apart or run a direct feed if you havent already. And I have to ask, is there plenty of fuel in the tank?
Going to have to try and get into the tamperproof casing, think that requires the pump to come off again. Why do these cars have to cause so much trouble.

Half a tank of fuel and had plenty all over me when removing pipes from the filter housing.

Im currently by passing the fuel filter housing to eliminate an air leak from there also, changed the grenade also
Sorted after getting rid of as much air well i think i did, still no luck so tested glow plugs nothing getting them but relay clicking. Someone not naming names but the other half who i got to wire it up.............. had put the alternator wire on the glow plugs, and the glow plug wire wasn't attached to anything.

But that doesn't matter now its runs finally. now to put it back together and he can drive home.

thanks for all the suggestions and help.