306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Best Oil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Best oil for my 1.9 dturbo?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/engineoil
I was gona pick one up from ecp as they are up the hill from me! Hmm Maybe I should order some...
You you think the quality/grade of oil make much of a difference?
I reckon any half decent 10w-40 changed often enough is perfect, spending 40 odd quid when it will only need changing again in 6000 miles is a waste of money.
(29-05-2013, 08:28 PM)Danterzza Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon any half decent 10w-40 changed often enough is perfect, spending 40 odd quid when it will only need changing again in 6000 miles is a waste of money.

Thats what my thinking was Smile
Anyone with a good stage 1 or more should be using better oil...
So should use something a bit better than a good quality 10w40?
I'd be using a good 5W40, will give better cold start protection.
True but we dont live in alaska. 10w-40 will be fine and its not like it will be doing 8000rpm or anything, not thrashing it from cold, letting it cool down after a thrash, keeping it serviced etc etc etc and as long as its healthy should go on for ever and be well protected oil wise.
I can do over 6k if i want.
(30-05-2013, 08:40 PM)Danterzza Wrote: [ -> ]True but we dont live in alaska. 10w-40 will be fine and its not like it will be doing 8000rpm or anything, not thrashing it from cold, letting it cool down after a thrash, keeping it serviced etc etc etc and as long as its healthy should go on for ever and be well protected oil wise.

8000rpm isn't what I'd be concerned about!!

Ever wondered why the oil goes black? That's diesel getting in the oil, which dilutes it, you need good detergents to stop it wrecking the oil...