306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: K14 noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any ideas why my K14's wastegate is making this noise? Huh

Develops 13psi boost. It'll be replaced in a few weeks anyway, it'd be nice to know why it's making such a racket though! Smile
Sounds fine to me.
Im not hearing any bad noises either. Could get a video underload if you wanted more advice, revving doesnt really strain anything.
It's not as loud in this video as above but you can still hear it when I'm accelerating hard

Compared to

Only when accelerating hard. It will cruise happily at motorway speeds but as soon as I floor it, the noise appears. It's a faint shrieking noise, turbo spools perfect

Also, yes my pump is dodgy....
Sounds fine and looks like its spooling no problem.

Whats the problem? You just think it sounds "odd"?
(15-05-2013, 03:17 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds fine and looks like its spooling no problem.

Whats the problem? You just think it sounds "odd"?

Well if that's the general consensus.... I guess I must be getting concerned over nothing! Phew Smile

The noise appeared one afternoon and was very audible, like in the first vid. Since then it's a little quieter but I can still hear it. My old car had a GT15 and there were no odd noises from it....
Try a big blower with welded wastegate and de filter. Sounds like a jet.. Tongue
(15-05-2013, 06:48 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]Try a big blower with welded wastegate and de filter. Sounds like a jet.. Tongue

In the process of, just need to make up an elbow and onto the engine it goes.... I did say I was replacing it in a few weeks anyway Wink