306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: GT2052
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Anyone know what psi this turbo is most efficient at? I cant read them for shit.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&gs...0QW3v4H4Bg

Its now fitted to the ZX and don't want to do a Pellowe

Cheers
I think you have to work out the airflow at a specific rpm or something like that :/
keep it below 30 psi and you should be alright
I was going to say just stick it at 25psi.
I think 25 is max, anymore and it will die pretty quickly.
Hmmmm 27 is fun....

Will keep it around 25
I wouldn't go past 25 psi unless you like changing turbos and hunting for rare expensive turbos Smile
Keep it at 23-24 psi MAX. Plenty of air for a 9mm on one of them and theyre so sensitive to overspeeding i wouldnt risk any more than that. The shafts on these are very very thin which allows them to spool so quickly, compressor maps tell you about what flow they can produce but do nothing to warn you about how fragile they can be.

If the shafts werent so thin they could make chronic boost, mine was over 35psi when it popped.
Cheers for that Chris, will knock a couple of psi off.

Certainly fun in a sub ton ZX
I can imagine. The 9mm on my estate is maxed out to the point of the revs very nearly hanging and its still clean on boost. Yeah it's a 56mm compressor on mine but identical to yours in all but that. I desperately need more fuel..

GT2056 + mbc set at 22psi and its hitting it by just over 2krpm, crazy fast spool for a wg'd blower
I have honestly never seen a boost gauge move so fast. Its literally perfect as a daily!
Going out in your car after getting that turbo on has made me want to get another set of plates made up and get the spare on something sharpish Smile

22-25psi should be ideal, I noticed a bit more midrange ooomph with an 11mm, but it was overkill really. Your 9mm could go for a bit more fettling perhaps. Or a nice front mount or meths kit to keep things efficient and cool.
Smile

I played with the fueling today, in the end i reduced the max fuel. But i think it was because i added some diesel and the difference it made was shocking ha.
Check for boost leaks first and foremost. I was a bit underwhelmed with the 56 until i found some major leaks, now its epic. Not looked too much into the 52 but there should be enough flow to cleanly burn a 9mm.

Zx_v was that aimed at me? I'm going 10mm, there's nothing more i want from the 9mm that wont massively increase egt's and haze on boost. Jp's 9mm was pushed too far at his '209'bhp, no point sticking to the 9mm over 160bhp-ish
Peak efficiency will fall around the 19-20lbs mark with the airflow our engines demand on the 52mm compressor, but the increases airflow of bumping to around 22-23lbs is still within a good margin and is worth it...

Go over this and you will notice the drop in efficiency... 56mm compressor you can push this to around the 24-25lbs mark...

I made 175hp at 21-22lbs of boost burning totally clean..
Thanks Ruan, would be good to catch up with you at some point.