306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: what boost should I turn my td up to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My standard td is currently boosting to 12psi. I've got an intercooler d seal on order and next week I'm going to see a 'man that can' adjust the Lucas pump and Turbo do I get more power.

What I would like to know is how far should/could I have the boost turned up to?

Carlos standard at the mo and I want more power and torque but no extra smoke and still good MPG.

Advise and pointers please.
at least 20psi and maybe a little more depending on A. how big your balls are and B. how much mechanical sympathy you have . .Smile
Well I need it to be as reliable as possible as its an everyday car for the family!
(12-05-2013, 07:00 AM)no2lurch Wrote: [ -> ]Well I need it to be as reliable as possible as its an everyday car for the family!

well don't tune it then lol . . . . i have 2 kids mate and i run 24psi been good for nearly a couple of years now but it's up to you . .Smile
Could a leaky down pipe join cause boost leak? Visit not worth turning the boost up till the leak is sorted?
(12-05-2013, 12:07 PM)no2lurch Wrote: [ -> ]Could a leaky down pipe join cause boost leak? Visit not worth turning the boost up till the leak is sorted?

no, because downpipe is after turbo . .Smile
Didn't know if back pressure would be effected
(12-05-2013, 12:45 PM)no2lurch Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't know if back pressure would be effected

"affected" . . .yes it will be but we don't need back pressure . .Smile
Not after the turbo anyway Wink
Would the Lucas pump limit the amount of boost I can tun?
Depends how much boost you want, your only getting upto like 22 or something from a lucas
(12-05-2013, 01:50 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Depends how much boost you want, your only getting upto like 22 or something from a lucas

Im pretty sure you can get alot more than that on a lucas but may be wrong
My bad thought i read it in another thread.