306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What Engine do I have???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the log book it says

2000 PEUGEOT 306 L Diesel

But I have this engine inside, which has a Turbo. I have no history with the car so I havent a clue. But surely it must have had an engine change?
Xud with Bosch and bwarp come
(10-05-2013, 07:08 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Xud with Bosch and bwarp come

No its BRAPPPPPPP Cone bruv. Yeh I thought so, I did a bit of digging but wanted to make sure. The cone aint as bad as the Lexus lights on the back Doh . I have a few questions to ask. And ones to follow once the initial one is answered. Smile

It is a pain to start, I killed my battery off as it would turn over then slow down, sound like the battery was flatt, and then the turn over sped up and then boom it started. This lasted a week and then it just stop turning over, so i got my self a battery from the scrappy and it started a bit easier. However it would still take ruffly 5-10 to start on turn over and is a lumpy start ( like its running on 3 cylinders, until you put some revs through it and it clears) but it also clears with alot of white/blueish smoke out the back. But it drives fine when its going. And then if i leave it for a few hours, it will turn over almost straight away. So seems like first cold start. Could this be glow plugs. I imagen this car hasn't had much care, its pissing oil from rocker and sump. So a few repairs to do this weekend but I just want to make sure its worth spending the doller on it.

So what does the prob sound like?
Does the log book match the chassis number lol?

Cos, you're right, that's definitely not a NAD.

And yes sounds like a glow plug issue...
(10-05-2013, 07:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Does the log book match the chassis number lol?

Cos, you're right, that's definitely not a NAD.

And yes sounds like a glow plug issue...

I picked it up without the log book, Only the green slip which I took to dvla northampton when i had to tax it, and changed the details to me, but had a letter asking me to provide the chassis number. But had a bad accident at Christmas and haven't driven since so only just sent it back to them.

Ok, so when Im looking for parts for it I should be looking for a 1.9 Turbo diesel XUD?
(10-05-2013, 07:33 PM)Scott_GT Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so when Im looking for parts for it I should be looking for a 1.9 Turbo diesel XUD?

Yep. Smile
Nad insurance + xud powwaa = winning

Not that i condone insurance fraud of any kind Smile
Well auto trader lists the NAD as insurance group 4 and the XUD as 5.. so I doubt much in it Sad

Ok so list of things to do this weekend.

Service;
plugs
oilfilter
fuel filter
oil

Replace Rocker and Sump Gasket's.

Replace Sweeeeeeeekkkkyyyyy drive belt.

That is about it. Apart from a knock I get when I accelerate and then let it coast slowly and then put my foot down, I get a little clunk sounds like it coming from under my feet area.????

Should I come stuck with these things I am doing. Any problems people have had or little tricks to help>??? Smile

Just realised this is in the XU petrol section, Admin please move to XUD section if possible cheers
Knock is quite possibly engine mounts or wishbone bushes. Glowplug behind the fuel pump will be awkward.
Ok cheers. As you can see from the picture, the bay is filthily! and the engine has been leaking oil for ages and its all down the back of the engine. And I really want to get it off before I do the repairs. I know jet washing the engine isnt a great idea, but someone said its isnt so bad on a diesel engine.. Im not sure. Whats the best method and best product?
(10-05-2013, 07:42 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Nad insurance + xud powwaa + 205 = winning

Not that i condone insurance fraud of any kind Smile

EFA ninja
Just dont spray water into the engine and it should be fine. Theres not much down the back anyway. Would of thought youd need a really good degreaser and a strong jet wash or some elbow grease.
Just to add to this thread. if the glow plugs dont resolve the starting issue it will be air getting into the fuel line somewhere. i had a simular issur with my old XUD Sad want it back Sad
somebody move this in the right section?
Pug love, how would it enter the fuel line without leaking fuel from it? Did you resolve this issue?
its were a joint isnt tighten enough. ..... tight enough not to drip but loose enough to draw air when under vacmume from the pump.

but no i didnt i wrote it off because of this issue .

try pumping the hand primer under the bonnet whilst cranking it over if it starts up straight away its an air issue
Squeeze the primer up hard and if your quite you can hear the leak blowing/squeaking.
Ok will try this tomorrow morning. Cheers