306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 12 psi... problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My td is totally standard. Plumbed a boost gauge in just now and Max boost I get it 12 psi.

Is that normal?
(10-05-2013, 09:40 AM)no2lurch Wrote: [ -> ]My td is totally standard. Plumbed a boost gauge in just now and Max boost I get it 12 psi.

Is that normal?

You get boost gauge then?

I belive standard boost is between 12-14psi so i wouldnt say you have a problem maybe worth checking for leaks tho just incase?
I think they vary between 12 and 14 mite pay to check d seal on intercooler and tighten Jubilee on turbo pipe onto the cooler
Gauge arrived yeah thanks. Where and how do I check?
Sounds right to me, maybe slighty under tho!! Stock is usually about 14 psi

Beat me too it Wink
(10-05-2013, 09:45 AM)no2lurch Wrote: [ -> ]Gauge arrived yeah thanks. Where and how do I check?

Get some wd40 spray it around the inlet and intercooler if it revs you have a leak if not then its fine........ get it turned up Wink
Chris what else can you use apart from wd40??

Chris is there anything else u can use apart from wd40?

Stupid phone haha
Yeah anything flammable!
just ordered a new d seal for the intercooler!
(10-05-2013, 12:25 PM)scottbmxer Wrote: [ -> ]Chris what else can you use apart from wd40??

Stupid phone haha

Yer as said above anything flammable
For some reason I thought this only worked on petrol cars lol
Could leaking exhaust before the cat cause a boost leak?
changed the intercooler d ring today and it still boosts to 12psi!
Came with around 14.7psi (1 bar), but afaik they were set up individually so yours could have just been set lower or lost a couple of psi, hardly alot considering its age!

Just tune it
Just turn it up job jobbed Wink
fuel and turbo is due to be adjusted on thursday!
(14-05-2013, 12:53 PM)no2lurch Wrote: [ -> ]fuel and turbo is due to be adjusted on thursday!

There you go then job sorted Wink