306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Stressing. Govmod. Help. Please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right pissed off now, i have done this once before gave me a little trouble in the same place but eventually it went on, this time, grrrrr.
Took the top off nice and simple, poped out the shaft and the cradle done and done.
Done the actual mod itself, put it back in the cradle and back to the car.
So far easy, went smoothly really.
But now i cannot for the life of me get the top of the pump back on along with the throttle shaft thing, it seems to be catching on, cue way out of focus picture:
[Image: IMG_20130509_111358_zps921c1d66.jpg]

My obviously small brain cannot fathom how to get the cradle the other side of this whilst trying to put the top on and push the throttle shaft up and all while making sure i dont bend and snap the cradle itself! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Doesnt seem to make sense, there must be a certain angle you have to get it at when the moons align and the suns out on the 12/12/1212 at 12:12.

Stupid thing. Doh

[Image: IMG_20130509_111450_zpsc4fe8d45.jpg]
put it in first, lube up the shaft (giggerdy) and put the top on separate? . .Smile
Have you rotated the gov shaft so the slotted section drops straight onto the levers?

Remember how you have to kinda tilt it backwards to remove it as it's slotted into the levers? Rotate the slotted bit so it drops straight in, makes it much less of a wiggle reassembling
Its brave and lubed its just you have to push quite hard to get the shaft in (giggidy?) And im really heavy handed and break everything i touch (sick giggidy?) Im just having a sausage sandwhich to get the brain functioning properly then i will go and adjust said slotted part, put it all in the top then attempt to drop it down on lower half. Wish me luck guys.
Pretty sure thats how i did it. Left the throttle shaft in the top, lined up the gov with the leverset and dropped it straight down. Remember your idle spring too.
Its the stop lever giving you problems, you need to hold it in full stop position to make it easier.

That said, I just snap them off, top drops on / off in seconds then Tongue

Just attach plyers to the stop lever internal bit, and snap it off in two pieces, will break easily.
Right it went on as Mr Pellowe described, but shortly before that the little spring pinged off and fell down the back of the pump and i cant find it! GRRRRRRRR! Which is annoying because after i lost the spring it went on.
So im pretty sure my idle will now be f*cked when i start it? Is it ok to use without the spring and i will just have no control over the idle? I dont have a minimum throttle travel screw either -.- so the way i see it, the max fuel will control the idle lol?
It starts with my foot on the throttle but as soon as i let off it dies straight away. Batterys now flat so i cant try and sort it, nor can i be bothered.
because you have no idle control..?
Pretty sure people have made it work without before?
Someones having a bad day! Its raining aswell. Ive been there!!

Hope you get it sorted Smile
It started, not ideal though, gave it a couple more turns on the max fuel and using the throttle cable adjustment to hold the cable tight to give me a steady idle. Just waiting to hear back from my local diesel nerd to see if he can sort it and tune it up for me aswell, or whether i need to source a new spring myself and carry on cocking it up!
Did the spring fall off inside the pump?!?
I have a box full of springs of different sizes that may help, can't remember if there's any that small though
Missing the spring is a minor problem that can be overcome, HOWEVER where is the spring now?? If its in the bottom of your pump, pumps coming off, end of, leave that in there, and its a matter of time before total fail.....

Sorry i missed your fb message ealier, im online this eve chap so just say when your about.
Just to calm everyone spring fell down between the engine and the pump and is now no where to be seen. I did look but i didnt put hours into it because i've lost all sorts back there over time.

I really need a spring because it is absolutely wank atm, it does drive though so i can still use it, just far from ideal lol.
Ahhhh it fell into the diesel abyss, many a tools have been lost here!
I have lost so many things down the back of an xud
Hehe, its amazing what you find in the sump after a rod failure from what fell down into this hole lol
Reserved a box of assorted springs on halfords site just now, if it looks like one will work i'll buy it and hope for the best! And snap that shit stop lever off, not raising the blood pressure 2 days running lol
A generic spring is very unlikely to work,

The spring rate has to be near spot on to make it work remotely normally, to tight and itl never idle low enough, to loose and itl just have no load control similer to how it is without a spring at all.
Oops.
[Image: IMG_20130510_092720_zps8222094d.jpg]
Try one and see what happens, you wont do any harm.
Thats exactly what i done, when for one that felt most like the original, went to put it on ping fell in the pump lol magnetic tipped screwdriver saved my ass there! Also attacked the stop lever and damn its so much easier to put back together now! my idle is at 1000rpm so basically like you said the spring is a tiny bit too tight because i cant get it any lower, surely i can adjust the throttle arm to make it sit that little bit further back?
Definately reccommend the govmod! Revving past 5k easy now! Quicker than i can keep up Big Grin
Yeh if youve got a big turbo..

I gov modded and ran veg. Car ran out of beans at 3.5k ;(.

But now that im on diesel, bad bad mpg Sad(, shitty k03 turbo aswell Angry
(09-05-2013, 06:55 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe, its amazing what you find in the sump after a rod failure from what fell down into this hole lol

baha love how you only manage to see down only after something as major (or minor :p) as a rod blowing
K03 is what i had before! :p