306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What is this? i have pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That round thing itt is broken/cracked and i need a new one but what is the name off this ting? Thanks Smile

[Image: img0323uo.jpg]

[Image: img0325oi.jpg]

[Image: img0323uo.jpg]
Some kind of alarm shock sensor?

Im really just stabbing in the dark there!
It's a new one on me. How do you know you need a new one, is something not working?
Never seen one on any 306 in Britain! Confused
Flux capacitor?
Its a sink unblocker. I had one on mine. Sold it on ebay.
(05-05-2013, 08:18 PM)kingy Wrote: [ -> ]Its a sink unblocker. I had one on mine. Sold it on ebay.

Seems legit.

Kingy old budy old pal. Where you been bumchum?
Obviously something fitted to LHD models only?
(05-05-2013, 08:32 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2013, 08:18 PM)kingy Wrote: [ -> ]Its a sink unblocker. I had one on mine. Sold it on ebay.

Seems legit.

Laddo takes up most of my time now mate. And work.

Soz about the highjack.
(05-05-2013, 08:41 PM)kingy Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2013, 08:32 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]

Seems legit.

Laddo takes up most of my time now mate. And work.

Soz about the highjack.

Gosh betbhe growing up now. Drop me text sometime Smile been mfn tonight was really good turn out.
Hi Smile i got answer back from peugeot Dealer and it seems to be a EGR atmosfere valve sensor and they do not produce that item any more they say.
So i need to look on scrapyard to find a used one Smile
Thanks for answers back m8,s
blank off the EGR port . . . it's no good anyway . Smile
But its just attached to the chassis how can it be anythin to do with EGR?
Think its literally just an atmosphere pressure sensor, to sence how high above sea you are etc..looks a big enough diaphram to be one, but could be wrong.
Thanks for answers back thats great Smile
(06-05-2013, 05:48 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Think its literally just an atmosphere pressure sensor, to sence how high above sea you are etc..looks a big enough diaphram to be one, but could be wrong.

How does atmospheric pressure affect the EGR?
(07-05-2013, 06:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2013, 05:48 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Think its literally just an atmosphere pressure sensor, to sence how high above sea you are etc..looks a big enough diaphram to be one, but could be wrong.

Different levels of o2 at different heights from sea level, EGR is about using exhaust gases in the inlet but if the o2 level isn't high enough it'd be bad.
(07-05-2013, 06:41 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2013, 06:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]

Different levels of o2 at different heights from sea level, EGR is about using exhaust gases in the inlet but if the o2 level isn't high enough it'd be bad.

Ah that does make sense I guess, I know how EGR works but didn't think about there being less oxygen higher up. Would explain why theres one on the OP's car and none over here.