306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: intercooler gasket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a leaky leak off pipe on one of my injectors and was hoping to change it over, I know I need to take the intercooler off to get to it but will I need a new gasket when putting it back on or will the old one do?Huh
I put on a new gasket, and must have reused it near 30/40 times. I used a bit of silicon to hold it in place due to expansion. Sealed ok at 35psi+ .. Should be fine if yours is in gd condition. Less than a fiver new.
(30-04-2013, 02:21 PM)n0v0s Wrote: [ -> ]I put on a new gasket, and must have reused it near 30/40 times. I used a bit of silicon to hold it in place due to expansion. Sealed ok at 35psi+ .. Should be fine if yours is in gd condition. Less than a fiver new.

Lolz, this...

The amount of times I've reused D seals and steel inlet gaskets...

Worst case scenario if it falls out and you can't get it back in due to expansion - cut it, take a little chunk out and superglue back together... Works every time for me.
AFAIK you can't get them from Peugeot any more so looks like you'll have to reuse it Big Grin
(30-04-2013, 03:48 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-04-2013, 02:21 PM)n0v0s Wrote: [ -> ]I put on a new gasket, and must have reused it near 30/40 times. I used a bit of silicon to hold it in place due to expansion. Sealed ok at 35psi+ .. Should be fine if yours is in gd condition. Less than a fiver new.

Lolz, this...

The amount of times I've reused D seals and steel inlet gaskets...

Worst case scenario if it falls out and you can't get it back in due to expansion - cut it, take a little chunk out and superglue back together... Works every time for me.
I do this..
Still sell them on eBay.
Cheers everyone, I'll whip it off tomorrow and have a look, not sure what it's gonna look like as the car has over 200 k on the clock, it's probably well knackered
I just ordered a couple from peugeot so you can still get them Tongue
(30-04-2013, 05:12 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: [ -> ]I just ordered a couple from peugeot so you can still get them Tongue

Must just be my local place being gay, I'll give them some abuse next time I go in there.