306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Umm...slightly epic fail involving rag and inlet manifold...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was wondering why I was low on boost, instead of the cut intercooler gasket causing the problem, it turns out there was a rag sandwiched between my inlet manifold and intercooler:

[Image: P1010075_zpsa0599e1f.jpg]

[Image: P1010074_zpsd26b2c78.jpg]

That's what happens when you have spent the last 1.5 days doing the manifolds gasket! I was so tired I probably didn't notice the rag that I had put over the intake to stop crap from falling in!

Looks like the engine decided to chew on it as well:

[Image: P1010076_zps10cef8b3.jpg]

It smelt of BBQ and as you can see the ends are frayed. After I cleaned out my in tank fuel pickup filter, the engine started to play up and chuck smoke out the back, I assumed it was because the system was aired up, but it might have actually been because of the rag! Clearly there is some exhaust blowby occuring due to the coal on the rag! Oh well!

Any damage done? I doubt it everything was running nicely apart from the lack of boost but just to check.
Oh dear fella Sad
Will be fine, we once rolled a 205 xud7 field car, and stuffed the inlet full of earth from the field, jammed all the valves the stones were that big, just gassed the hell out of it with ether, until the valves freed up, fired up, full throttle blew it right out the back, get on, job done Tongue bit of rag wont hurt an xud Tongue
Dave fed sams nad a foam earplug the other day, after a second it popped out of the exhaust Big Grin