306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: smoking question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question ... I'm going to look at a dt 306 tomorrow, totally standard, 140k on the clock ... seller says its smokes on start up for 15-20 seconds when real cold. What could it be? Thanks in advance.
A DT?
yeah dt
depends on color of smoke, if its white/grey then its just a bit of unburnt fuel, most xuds smoke a bit when cold. if its got a lumpy idle when cold then sorts its self out after a rev then its possibly a worn out glowplug.

sounds perfectly normal anyway, just make sure its not blue burning oil smoke as that would be a sign that the turbo is on its way out
Shud b fine mine smokes all different colours in morning when really cold, itll be glowie as ozone said or possibly sticky injector til it warms up nowt to worry about tbh take for a good drive get it up to temp and see how she is
15-20 seconds indicates bad glow plugs in most instances. Nothing to worry about, £40 or so for a full set and 30 mins to change.
Valve stem seals, check how much oil is in it, and how new the oil is. If its like brand new and there is low oil in it then that to me would say its using a fair bit.