306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: running a filter with xantia manifold?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picking up my fmic setup this weekend, I understand can be a pain to run a filters with the xantia mani? What's best to use or shall I just run it defiltered? I know they sound epic with no filters just worries me a bit
first i've heard of this "problem" haha
Yeah I have no idea what you mean either I'm afraid. There's plenty of people on here with xantia manifolds, front mounts and filters though so just find pictures of these for ideas?
Whilst not a 306, this was the filter I used in my old car...
[Image: 178639_500341733318613_1153792371_o.jpg]
[Image: 8C8D323B-1A3F-4AD4-B459-B0828F89EA87-824...FC81D8.jpg]
Cheers guys I always thought there was space issues, seems you just run the pipe the other side of the manifold. Why is it some people run defiltered then?
Can you use a 405 td intake pipe as I have one at work?
Cheers
De filter is generally easier as you don't have to do anything (until damage is caused to the blades)!

I think it helps with flow as well as your removing restriction caused by the extra piping and filter.
Sorry if I seem dum but when people de filter do you just put something over the intake on the turbo?
Nah, if you run defaulted just have nothing on it at all, just be prepared for a f*cked turbo!

After my dt, I'm always running a filter.
Cheers. I know de filtered sounds awesome but I don't want to be damaging turbos.

What do people recommend using on the air filter side of things? Big air filter or a small 1? And make up some pipe work out of intercooler pipes?
Iirc the coldest part is behind the passenger headlight?
Just run a feed to a panel filter should be find Smile

Yeah you don't wanna be sucking stones into the turbo!
I ran de-filtered for a bit on my 405 dturbo and it made it slower due to the turbo sucking in warm air off the block. a cone filter behind the the passenger headlight with a decent air feed was a massive improvement.
(26-04-2013, 07:18 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]I ran de-filtered for a bit on my 405 dturbo and it made it slower due to the turbo sucking in warm air off the block. a cone filter behind the the passenger headlight with a decent air feed was a massive improvement.

Try running defiltered with no exhaust attached to the turbo. Recycled reeky hot air ftw!
If using the standard 306 filter piping and a xantia manifold then the pipes can be crushed up against the master cylinder.
Its not a massive issue but i found that it does create a bit of vibration through the pedals which is annoying.
It is also very restrictive.
Im back to running defilter again.
Tbh, I'm thinking of using an adaptor instead of the xantia manifold so I can retain the standard intake pipe.
would there be much benefit in power with a xantia manifold compared to the adaptor?
IMO the xantia/ 406 manifold is a better more evenly flowing manifold.
I couldnt tell if there is much difference in power between the two but i think the adaptors are an ugly solution.
Yeah I agree they don't look as nice.
Someone must have run both and could give a comparison
Theres a turbo cramming f*ck loads of air in there, i doubt the manifold makes any difference because the entrie manifold is at the same pressure?
(27-04-2013, 01:45 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Theres a turbo cramming f*ck loads of air in there, i doubt the manifold makes any difference because the entrie manifold is at the same pressure?

Your probably right. It's easier to keep a standard intake with an adaptor too.