306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 1.9 xud 205 revcounter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just put a 1.9 engine in my 205 and now it is time to wire in the rev counter it has a rev counter as standard and was wondering if anyone knows what wires I need to join?
ask silverzx, hes done the same thing and had to work out the rev counter issue
I used the 306 sensor and made my own plugs, cant remember the wires but its fairly easy to work out. The best thing to do is use the original sensor then it will just plug in
How many wires are there for the rev counter on the 205 loom I uave 2 plugs that arnt plugged in one with 2 wires one with 3 wires.
Anyone????
(21-04-2013, 07:01 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]ask silverzx, hes done the same thing and had to work out the rev counter issue

I'm sure he bought his car as it was.

Easiest is to get a GTI dash, that should line up.
Or, like me, get an aftermarket rev gauge
Any details on the aftermarket gauge ginge?

I've bought an STDT cluster which I was planning on wirin in. Has extra warning lights compared to the n/a clock.
I have a rev counter as standard I just cant remember what plug it is on the wireing loom and just wondered if anyone knew if iy was a 2 pin or 3 pin plug as there the ones I have spare atm lol
I think its the two pin one, is the 3 pin one not for the water in fuel light?
Thats what I thought but the 306 sensor has 3 wires.
Checked my look today; I've got a 3 pin plug with only 2 pins/wires in it
I have cut the plug off and there are 2 wires with casing round them and one just bare wire

[attachment=6591]

These are the wires I have.

And is this the plug I need to join them to

[attachment=6592]

I have tried to join the 2 wires (red and white ones the sensor) to the car loom wires and they dont work either way round. The rev counter didnt work with the 1.8 engine either so could it be the clocks?
(22-04-2013, 09:43 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-04-2013, 07:01 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]ask silverzx, hes done the same thing and had to work out the rev counter issue

I'm sure he bought his car as it was.

Easiest is to get a GTI dash, that should line up.
Or, like me, get an aftermarket rev gauge

I'm pretty sure this won't work as a gti has one pick where as an xud has 2 (or maybe other way round) so will either be reading twice as fast or half as slow my memory doesn't work too good right now