306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: estimated time of death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my old standard turbo is still managing 25psi at full chat but its whistling a gooden now!!!

proper loud whistle as soon as it starts to spool...

what do we rekon....1000miles? 10miles?

soon find out...off to get a trailer and drive 2hrs pulling it back!!!

AA get ready!
mine's been whistling for two years . . lol
You mean like a siren type sound Piggy? It goes ooooooooooooooooo at a certain rev range? Mines just started doing it, poor little thing lol
Mine did it for about two weeks until i swapped to the GT, Dumdum wanted it but I had to tell him no because the shaft play was ridiculous!
Mines been screeching and hitting the housing on full boost for months but the siren is a recent new noise and i guess that means last legs so i just bought a td04 to put on :p
just sounds like someone has a refs whistle under the bonnet and has attached it to the boost side of the turbo!

got back with trailer...still going!
Completely different kettle of fish but a few on here can vouch for how loud the turbo was on my skoda and that lasted for 72k before it went back! No matter what i did, i couldnt destroy it lol.
I'd have killed it. Guaranteed.
when i saw this title i thought of this

http://www.deathclock.com/
(21-04-2013, 08:58 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have killed it. Guaranteed.

Well tbh it was drinking a lot of oil when i got rid. Think another few K and it would of gone.
Fair play to the nazis though, absolutely bullet proof engine!
Put head really close and rev nuts off and expext sharp bits of metal Smile
Mines been doing this since I got the car!! K03 and been going for about 6k miles so far
I give it 24 hours. Tongue
(21-04-2013, 09:06 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-04-2013, 08:58 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have killed it. Guaranteed.

Well tbh it was drinking a lot of oil when i got rid. Think another few K and it would of gone.
Fair play to the nazis though, absolutely bullet proof engine!

Got an idea VNT's are really whistly and siren-like though...well all of mine have been anyway lol. The Vec turbo sounds awful 'woooooooooo' change 'wooooooo' change 'wooooo' change 'woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....'

Annoying but I moaned about exactly the same thing when I first got the silver Golf......starting to think it's just normal for them! Something to do with vane position possibly?
How longs a piece of string really, my sigma DT did 30k with a howling turbo, my sedan blew one without any previous noise. I like to think of it as character lol
(08-05-2013, 05:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Got an idea VNT's are really whistly and siren-like though...well all of mine have been anyway lol. The Vec turbo sounds awful 'woooooooooo' change 'wooooooo' change 'wooooo' change 'woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....'

Annoying but I moaned about exactly the same thing when I first got the silver Golf......starting to think it's just normal for them! Something to do with vane position possibly?

After quite a few they do make odd noises, but only the same as any wastegated turbo?
(08-05-2013, 06:43 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2013, 05:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Got an idea VNT's are really whistly and siren-like though...well all of mine have been anyway lol. The Vec turbo sounds awful 'woooooooooo' change 'wooooooo' change 'wooooo' change 'woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....'

After quite a few they do make odd noises, but only the same as any wastegated turbo?

Only wastegated turbo engine I've had was the HDi, and the turbo didn't really make much noise until the end where it was dying and the cat had fallen off. lol So maybe it does, just seemed a lot more noticeable on the VNTd cars.......but then again, the DW10 made a lot more noise than the Z19DTH, so maybe I'm just noticing it more as theres less overall noise..... Confused
Lets hear some noisy turbo's then.....be useful for differentiation! Smile Normal and whiny, broken and whistly etc.....difficult to describe a noise!

Heres mine lol.........ignore the start, theres a metallic tapping noise from the head area that I was trying to get but the phone camera doesn't pick it up so moved on to turbo noise instead lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlTk8_YZ...e=youtu.be
[Image: th_d74771f3.jpg]
not gota video yet but mine is still whistling away and still pulling strong!