306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: t25 boost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys fitted my T25 today went for a drive and the car feels same as the t2 on boost still at 20psi. kicks in about 2-2.5k the t2 was 1.5-2k i know theres guna be lag because of it being a bigger turbo. the T25 smokes more than the t2 but i have made sure the clamps on hoses are tight bit i will check for leaks tomorrow. the T25 has been de-wastegated and there is a bolt on the side of the turbo blocking a hole up i had to remove it to get a hose on for the filter but not sure if its in as far as it should would this cause to be staying at 20psi. dont want to up the fueling as its bad enough
the t25 may cause smoke more lower down but shouldnt top end...it should clear

dont forget higher psi doesnt mean more blow and more go...the t25 is providing a lot more flow and air than the t2 at the same psi
true. i can feel a difference from 2nd to 3rd as this kicks straight in the T2 lagged abit
You need to up the boost, its an old school turbo and not very big. Mine only feels quickish at more than 1.8 bar.
whats 1.8bar in psi?. ill up the fuel tomorrow just dont want all the smoke
Sounds like you've got a boost leak if you're running dewastegated and still smoking on boost at 20psi

iirc T25 doesn't come on full boost till over 3.5k

You could always up your fuel briefly to see if you get any more boost, if its still sticking at 20psi then at least you know you've got a boost leak of some description.

If you haven't blocked that hole up in the coldside properly, yes this would cause a boost leak.

get yer soapy water out!
cheers for the fast replies guys. will up the fuel if no more psi i will get on with the soapy water Smile
Squirty bottle bit of washing up liquid and water coat all your joints in it and rev it up a bit and any leaks should bubble up Smile
Oooh lovely a dirty T25 thread!

T25's are pretty big, you need to chuck fuel at them down low to help with spool and as said you want at least 25 PSI worth of fuel going through for it to feel quick.

Mine was a laggy b*stard, didn't like being on full boost until well after 3k, still epic though and an improvement over any standard turbo (if power is your goal rather than drive-ability).

Don't be fooled by what you hear, there similar to TD05's in some respects! /canofworms
well changed the pipe coming of the turbo messed with the silicone hose for the filter no joy. spun the star wheel still same. going to spin the star wheel abit more and up the fuel as i dropped it a tad and it didnt make a difference
Did you check for boost leaks?
I'm sure this is fuel pump related karl.

Its like it bogs even tho its on boost but it does get going. Really hard to explain
To much fuel? Keep winding it back til its clean?
wound the fuel back but to much as im at 10-14psi DAM will be tinkering again now ive had my tea update soon
Is that a clean 10-14psi though? You havent actually answered this yet, did you check for boost leaks, everything, twice, 100% not leaking?
Good thought tom. Probably good to start again from the beginning, check the obvious, but i just have a gut feeling its a pump setting even though it smokes its like an lda setting or advance setting, because it smokes but this set up should be faster than my HDi and spin up the tires
Being de wastegated im just guessing it should be able to burn all of the fuel, so it should be clean all the time mostly. So the only way for it to coal is if its leaking. But then with his t2 he was coaling loads aswell. Im pretty sure now i think about it he has a boost leak. Did you change the manifold gasket when you changed turbo? Im pretty sure your front mount to so theres alot of places it could be leaking. In sense this is free power, tighten something and you'll get another 30/40bhp!
ye ive checked leaks. got the day of work tomorrow so guna have a proper look and take my time with it. got to be something stupid. it coaled at 14 so deffo gota be a leak
if its bogging it could be the LDA spring....have you adjusted this??
(23-04-2013, 07:04 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]if its bogging it could be the LDA spring....have you adjusted this??

do you mean the star wheel?. also should i play with the boost compensator?
Id look at it but im miles away
(23-04-2013, 11:09 AM)karl1989 Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-04-2013, 07:04 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]if its bogging it could be the LDA spring....have you adjusted this??

do you mean the star wheel?. also should i play with the boost compensator?

The LDA unit is the boost compensator!?!? :S
^^^^this Confused
ah sorry my mind is else were. my pump as decided to spring a leak from some were so having to sort that now Angry