306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: bosc pump from a 406
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
406 1.9td problem

this issue is a weirdy one
just changing back to diesel from veg on this car as new person wants it that way ..

when running diesel we now have a clatter ...as if cold start advance is operating
engine management light is on
well it goes out on start up then comes back on when it does engine starts clattering more
occasionaly twice engine will not rev past 2000 rpm but if u switch off= then straight on again it will rev freely
it has 2 wires going to cold start mechanism under pump
removing feed to them made no difference

it starts easy reasonable amout of power just much more clatter

certainly got me thinking ..

i am told this is ecu sending wrong sigmals to pump
unplugging makes it go tofull advance as theres no change in engine note i reckon she is fully advanced now ...
anyone know how ecu is cojntrolling this is it by voltage
is it just for cold start
tia
Its not for cold start its for all the time, the advance is electronic on these, get the codes read first with ppo or similar.
(20-04-2013, 03:42 PM)con67 Wrote: [ -> ]Its not for cold start its for all the time, the advance is electronic on these, get the codes read first with ppo or similar.

thanks for that does it supply varying voltage do u know the values
Only useful voltage readings would require a scope?
The resistance between pin 1 & 2 on the brown pump plug should be 15-30ohms
Its a simple system the timing is read from the sensor in the injector and crank sensor and adjusted via the timing solenoid on the pump, most problems are with the injector and its wiring. Need a fault code or just bin the pump for an all mechanical one