306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: fuels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone got suggestions as to fuel, obviously theres bp ultimate and shell optimax debate, but anyone got any fuel preferences for there motors?
Sunflower oil . . . . . ./thread . . .lol
rapeseed oil ftw (twice as good as sunflower Tongue )

personally for a xud....getting a 'ultimate' fuel would make no difference.

Only ever noticed diff on ultimate fuels on a petrol when tuned for the higher octane
(19-04-2013, 05:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]rapeseed oil ftw (twice as good as sunflower Tongue )

Only ever noticed diff on ultimate fuels on a petrol when tuned for the higher octane

hey i told you about that being thinner lol, ra*e is harder to get cheap, you can't beat a good bit of ra*e at the start of a week though . .lol
regular texaco derv. its the best quality fuel of all the brands IMO. i get a few more mpg's a tank than on supermarket fuel (watered down with biodiesel content)

it also depends alot on the petrol station itself, like how well maintained the tanks are, for example i know that my local shell garage regularly has problems with the tanks flooding, killed a set of points on my mini within 3 miles with the high water content.

i know a few people run on ultimate fuel, but i don't believe it is beneficial to an xud which relies on the sulphur content in diesel to lubricate the pump internals and injectors, ultimate derv has a lower sulphur content for modern high performance diesels (big german cars, jags etc) so not really of any benefit to a 20 year old idi engine
(19-04-2013, 05:41 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-04-2013, 05:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]rapeseed oil ftw (twice as good as sunflower Tongue )

hey i told you about that being thinner lol, ra*e is harder to get cheap, you can't beat a good bit of ra*e at the start of a week though . .lol

yeah 60p per litre is a bitch Tongue
Using KTC vegetable oil; is actually soya oil, is remarkably thin and cheap
Used to use ktc 18.99 for 20l
you get what ya can with oil i guess...ra*e has been best for me...least noticable diff from diesel
I work opposite ktc!! If only I could get a few barrels a week Tongue