306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Inlet & Exhaust Manifold Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

As some of you may have read my turbo decided it didn't want to work anymore, I have sourced another one now but I have run into a problem trying to remove the inlet and exhaust manifolds.

Where I seem to be struggling is access to the slotted one on the inlet manifold and getting access to the final exhaust manifold bolt.

I have already watched Darren's video but wondered if anyone else had any other tips. I have already dropped the engine off the top mount and lowered it as far forward as possible to gain access.

Sadly I just can't seem to get the manifolds to move.

Thanks

Dan
undo rear lower engine mount....ensure engine stable on a jack...
gives loads more access
When I remove the rear one what do I need to do piggy? At the moment the engine is secured on a jack under the sump while the top engine mount of the drivers side is undone. I've had to leave it in the yard at work as ran out of daylight lol.
undo the rear engine mount....as it says really

its one bolt!

just have couple pieces of wood etc to protect the rad and watch out you dont stretch pipes beyond what you should
So it will be fine on a trolley jack with both bolts removed from the mount? I am assuming the front one will still be in? It's just the space that is annoying me lol
I take off both the gearbox and rhs mount then let down on a jack, leaves maximum room Smile
Mal is that front mount and top rhs mount?
(17-04-2013, 12:59 AM)DanWY Wrote: [ -> ]Mal is that front mount and top rhs mount?

Yes, the mount under the battery and the one that covers the timing belt, then carefully let down on a jack. I find it leaves more room Smile
If you're talking about the bolt in the centre of the manifold, I just used a 3/8" ratchet, wobbly bit, small extension bar and a socket. A bit of swearing also helped.

Top engine mount was probably off but no need to take off the lower one.
Havent a clue why youd need to take lower mount off just undo top mount on cam side n rock engine forward simples lots of room
(17-04-2013, 11:09 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: [ -> ]Havent a clue why youd need to take lower mount off just undo top mount on cam side n rock engine forward simples lots of room

Yeah as CJ says you shouldnt need to remove any other mount except the top one.
Almost there! Only problem is working during the day and doing the car in the yard at work! The bottom one that is slotted is terrible! Need to remove it all the way but its so hard to do!
The slotted one on the inlet? Just undo the bolt so far and the inlet will pull up and off
Yeah slotted. The problem I've got is the studs are still in so can't pull it up! Got to try get it off I think.
Ahh I'd take the studs out mate be easier to get the turbo out also
The studs need to be removed anyway to have any chance of getting the manifold off.
What's the best way to take the studs out? I've never removed any from such a position before.
Stud extractors or I double nut them, wind a nut onto the thread, then wind another on and tighten the 2 nuts together then try and un screw the bottom nut closest to the inlet and the stud will come out
(19-04-2013, 07:04 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Stud extractors or I double nut them, wind a nut onto the thread, then wind another on and tighten the 2 nuts together then try and un screw the bottom nut closest to the inlet and the stud will come out

2 nut is how I did all of mine, works fine however when putting it back on you need to put the inlet studs in before putting the manifold on otherwise you can't tighten them in properly.