306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Urgent: Smoke from glow plug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any body help with this?

Just changed injectors, sounds much better, blead them quickly, fuel over the engine as usual and also had a small oil leak below buy sorted.

They smoke once the engines running. Plug 1 and 4 are becoming blackened near the block and also notice 'bubbling' occasionally.

Getting to the point of giving up now

Oh, to add, a small amount of sparks from the starter motor?

Could it just be the leak off burning up?
Some more info; the glow plug taken out, quite covered in soot...
Are they switching off?
I disconnected them all together, theyre on a manual switch as the relays gone. That sends a 12v when needed.

After I disconnected it completely, same again when running; smokey..

I'm thinking the pump is perhaps too advanced? Heavy fuel..?
Not quite sure what's up here, your glow plugs are smoking? And there is occasional bubbling are they tight enough? And are they covered in fuel... Don't see what the major issue is, you sure they are sat right in?
(17-04-2013, 01:19 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Not quite sure what's up here, your glow plugs are smoking? And there is occasional bubbling are they tight enough? And are they covered in fuel... Don't see what the major issue is, you sure they are sat right in?

I think what happened is that DERV has gone into the rim of the glowies and injectors. Never happened before after bleeding fuel lines.

As for the blackening around the glowies, i'm stumped. They were brand new and still seem to be working, so i'll put it aside for now; need to change fuel pumps now which is more of a farse.
Get on, half hour job to do the pump Wink
I dont think having derv on them is going to cause any horrendous issues lol... my injectors and glowies were all cleaned with derv before putting in... if its compression then you have an issue, but if its just from getting hot then f*ck it, it'll burn off with heat.

or just get a video
dont the glowies go 12v then drop to 6v for a while??