306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Cam belt change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right I'm thinking about getting the cambelt done on the NAD how much is reasonable to pay to have this done and what parts should be checked or fitted whilst its being done

Thanks
Replace the idlers/Tensioners and water pump!
Have a look at Darren's you tube videos also very helpful! Just type in Darren xud timing belt and it should come up
Well worth looking at the vid, get a manual and doing it yourself....with the timing pins you can't do much wrong
Never done anything as big as that ill look at the video but think ill have to pay someone to do it tbh
It's not as hard as it looks things you need to get for the job are

Timing belt kit (should include tensioner and idler)
Water pump
Hydromar
Loctite thread lock (if your paranoid like me)
Only hard bit is literally getting the timing belt covers off
It's an easy enough Job to do Aslong as you lock everything off properly, but if your really not keen on doing it yourself expect to pay anything from 100-200 quid at a garage
Just watched the video seems a bit much for an Amature like me to be doing dont suppose there's anyone in the Wolverhampton/west midlands that can do this job is there
(16-04-2013, 09:38 AM)Willo Wrote: [ -> ]Just watched the video seems a bit much for an Amature like me to be doing dont suppose there's anyone in the Wolverhampton/west midlands that can do this job is there

I'm in loughborough and don't mind lending a hand Smile

(14-04-2013, 12:10 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]It's an easy enough Job to do Aslong as you lock everything off properly, but if your really not keen on doing it yourself expect to pay anything from 100-200 quid at a garage

I got quoted £300 for my timing belt due to it being a 'pain in the arse' so decided to do it myself Smile
Loughbourgh isn't a million miles away I don't think won't be till after my holiday though mate but I'd definatly appreciate the help
I'm a lot closer... but busy as all hell atm...

ask again when you want it done and I'll see what I can do.
Where you located will be around 2-3 months before getting it done
other side of dudley... I'd happily come to you if you have somewhere we could do it.
Well let me know nearer the time might be able to arrange something
I'll stick a post up or pm when I'm ready to do the belt change then so I need

Cambelt kit with tensioners
Water pump
Loctite
What's hydromar ??

Tools or equipment what will I need for this bit ?

And thank you both for your offers I can see why so many people like this club and why there seems such a great camaraderie amongst the members now
Hydromar is something I used on the water pump its a sealant just gives a better seal you don't really need any special tools need

Sockets
Jack
Spanners
Pretty much it

O and beer is a must Wink
Beer and sockets I've got

Jack did have one lent it out and it's never been seen since

Spanners I have a few