306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: new mpg UPDATE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright people. As some know I was getting 130miles on average, 160miles highest, but tonight I had 181miles on 35 quid. I think that's much better, anyone agree ?
It has been warmer recently. Has your driving got better lately?
You cant calculate mpg like that mate.
Do it properly or you may aswell not bother
same driving granny shifting/giving it some granny shift 30 im in 4th type and flooring cant help it wen got lowered zetec s looking at my car like got no chance

and what u mean if not properly dont do it at all there aint no fancy shit on the car telling me mpg on it all i do and no what to do is put fuel in reset my mileage wen my fuel light starts cumin on wen go rnd corners re fuel do it every time that shud give accurate reading like any other way
Fill it up mate, brim the tank till the pump clicks then run it down again.
Fill her up again till the pump clicks then you'll see exactly how much fuel you've used.
(08-04-2013, 10:05 PM)stokesy Wrote: [ -> ]same driving granny shifting/giving it some granny shift 30 im in 4th type and flooring cant help it wen got lowered zetec s looking at my car like got no chance

and what u mean if not properly dont do it at all there aint no fancy shit on the car telling me mpg on it all i do and no what to do is put fuel in reset my mileage wen my fuel light starts cumin on wen go rnd corners re fuel do it every time that shud give accurate reading like any other way

Completely inaccurate..
Fill tank til it's nearly coming out the spout onto your shoes, do a couple hundred miles, refill tank to same place.
atm fubard for money at min started new job dont get paid till 18 so ill be filling it and on the mpg calculator im getting 34mpg
I'm gettin 52.64 from the last run I did
is getting a better run now i work 11 miles 1 way 3 times a week doing 66 miles for work ish and rest whereever i have to be and when i was putting 30 in i got around 20 litres and got 130 ish miles on calculator works out at 29.55mpg
38mpg for me..(on veg) that would be 42 on derv
(08-04-2013, 10:27 PM)RePT Wrote: [ -> ]38mpg for me..(on veg) that would be 42 on derv
mines fully standard just diesel spoke to a mate he thinks injectors need looking at as fuel and kicks shit out wen put boot down
Ahhh the joys of hdi!
Averaged 60odd mpg when I went to cornwall last year!
(08-04-2013, 10:31 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhh the joys of hdi!
hmmmm trust me to be only 1 gettin shite mpg
(08-04-2013, 10:33 PM)stokesy Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn't count on that

[attachment=6192]
13.5 wtf

My hdi did 42mpg for the last fortnight I owned it! Dodgy
Haha petrol turbo!

(08-04-2013, 10:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]

I cant remember the exact figure but it was about 64mpgs iirc.

Mine isnt great around town, probs between 45-50mpgs
Tbf that's shocking even for a turbo petrol.... It's direct injection as well isn't it so should be pretty efficient!?
(08-04-2013, 10:39 PM)Jake Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2013, 10:33 PM)stokesy Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn't count on that

someones right foot got slab attached wtf is that lol
(08-04-2013, 10:44 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]Haha petrol turbo!

(08-04-2013, 10:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]

I cant remember the exact figure but it was about 64mpgs iirc.

Mine isnt great around town, probs between 45-50mpgs

This wasn't round town lol!

But I might have pushed it a bit seeing as I knew where it was going. Itwasntme lol
No idea what mine does but gov mod, fair bit of fuel and 25psi TD04 I'm guessing it's not going to be any better than the 40mpg I got out the last DT. Spending most of my time driving about London doesn't help, bastard traffic lights and retards, but veg makes it a little easier.
O get average 45mpg and 50mpg on a long trip.

26/27psi, 11mm pump....lots of use of boost...on veg
(08-04-2013, 11:08 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]No idea what mine does but gov mod, fair bit of fuel and 25psi TD04 I'm guessing it's not going to be any better than the 40mpg I got out the last DT. Spending most of my time driving about London doesn't help, bastard traffic lights and retards, but veg makes it a little easier.

Since i did this to mine my mpg's gone though the floor! i try not to work it out as i would end up getting rid of car but i would say im getting around 30mpg if im lucky! but with my driving stop start around town all night doesn't help. But this is why i run a strong veg mix last lot of veg i got and still using cost 72p a liter so half the price of derv so still saving money i think?
^^^^^ exactly this

I figure I may lose few %power top end and bit of mpg...but in my screwed up head if my fuel is half price then I am technically getting double mpg....

so even if it does drop to 35mpg I am getting the same running cost as a car on derv doing 70mpg