306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dturbo oil pressure? What's yours?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So just changed the oil ring on the mocal sandwich plate and put new oil lines to the oil cooler.

On the way home the temps never went over 70 and stuck around 50-60 but oil pressure was normally off the gauge 100psi sometimes down to 95psi

Before the change over, normally 95c and and between 50-80psi.

Any ideas? On return to home both the oil cooler and oil filter are hot to the touch.
I take it the 90-100 is psi not c?

IIRC it's a 5bar spring in the pump
That's right just changed it.
50-60 oil temp has the plate got a sat? That's running to cold!
Yea it's a thermostatic one.
Thats because the oil is running wayyy to cold, and when oils cold its thick, and you get very high oil pressure, the stock reg will let it go above 5 bar when cold, cant cope with the flow, and thats running cold all the time...
Why is it running cold though? I did not have this problem before we changed the O ring and lines.
Seems like stat isnt working or something, if you put cardboard over cooler does temp go back up, if so its not opening stat down low...
Will have to check, nothing was touched with regards the plate or the stat.

Undid it all changed over the bits and put it back together.

I am getting pissed off with these French cars now.
So covered up the oil cooler with cardboard.

Went for a drive.

This is how it stayed.

[Image: 98B964F1-AB5F-43BC-B44A-392589EDC1BB-137...89bcb7.jpg]

If I accelerated oil did not get warmer it cooled.
wtf, does your water come up to good temp? Or is something failing on that letting it just run at <70 all the time...
Water is fine, had baking hot blowers all the drive, water temp sat at 85. Like it always has when the system was in good condition.

I have had coolant pressure issues recently.

I was thinking of just emptying all the oil and coolant and starting again, but I have lost interest.
[Image: h544DA298]
No fitted oil cooler everything was fine.

Fixes stupid O ring to repair a leak, complaining oil is to cold.
whats strange is you've fixed the pressure in essence by stopping the leak so more pressure is in the system. but its not getting hot. im assuming you've been for a good blast it in?
50 mile drive home and around 10 yesterday with oil cooler covered.

It's was the smallest leak from an O ring I doubt that has made it go up by 40+ psi.
I'm sure you've already checked, but could it be something as simple as too much oil?
checked the levels, it seems fine.
Right today removed all the oil and took the plates off.

Changed the oil and filter.

On start up it did this:
[Image: 5242FDAC-C2F0-4D37-A71C-94B960CD697D-479...a18311.jpg]

5 - 10 minutes say doing nothing.
[Image: 0AB0DBB9-0CF0-4875-9B24-072F44B81875-479...eccbae.jpg]
Quick drive to the hill.

[Image: B1DBE5D5-E5DB-48C7-A0E3-C6FC43DE07A0-479...4b551b.jpg]

Just removed the cardboard from the cooler too