306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: fuel leaks what does that do on the filter housing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys i noticed a leak aswell on my car [proberly not helping it running like crap on the side of the fuel filter housing there is like a white cog thing on the left that is leaking out of if you take the filter out u can see it with a spring etc and you can turn it anyone know what it does ???
It's part of the thermostat for the fuel heater. Don't try to turn it or it'll break, I've done that before. Just leave it the f*ck alone.
its a stat that allows the fuel to pass under the housing and be heated by the engine coolant.

if you run veg its worth doing the 'penny trick' where you remove the stat and force the fuel to be always heated.

if its leaking...may aswell strip it down, do the penny trick and seal everything back up when you put it back togetheir

there are some O rings in there

and yes you will likely have running issues due to this...fuel gets out...air gets in
yeah it diverts the fuel when cold to go round the heat exchanger, you can remove it and blank it off if you like, helps with running veg . Smile
only helps when running veg after the coolant has warmed up, so wont help first thing in a morning, just get another housing or the penny trick as said Smile
(31-03-2013, 05:02 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]only helps when running veg after the coolant has warmed up, so wont help first thing in a morning, just get another housing or the penny trick as said Smile

true but i wouldn't get another housing, remove the metal retaining ring, pull the white bit out with pliers, renew the rubber o ring inside, remove the gubbings (stat), chuck away and reassemble . . .job jobbed . Smile
hmmm interesting i got a new one but aint fitted it yet anyone got a link for the penny trick etc.. but to be honest i wont be using pure veg no more cos my car is naffed so im gna sort the leak and change injectors and see what happens after pump wqs leaking.left right and centre Sad
Anyone explain this penny trick please?
(03-06-2013, 03:46 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone explain this penny trick please?

right mate, take it to bits like i said in the other thread, take all the bits out inside, renew the O ring and put back together, itll be less hassle than messing around trying to stick a penny in there and will do the same job . .Smile
But thatcosts money a penny a penny lol
(03-06-2013, 04:19 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: [ -> ]But thatcosts money a penny a penny lol

No point doing penny trick if your not running veg, if you are its worth doing, as its only done to heat the fuel constantly, just use so sealant round the bits that leaking just make sure it's fuel resistant job done Wink
I am running veg lol usually straight aswell